Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd874

Reaction score
It's official, Sesame Workshop even released a statement about it.
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/our-blog/

I used to like Elmo as a young child, but as I grew older, he got more attention on SS than any other character. I admit that in recent years, I have NOT been fond of how Elmo has been in the spotlight more than Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, the Count, Bert and Ernie, and the other original Muppets. But I do feel awful for Kevin because he did help SS become an even huger sensation with the younger generation.
Our prayers are with you and your loved ones, Kevin.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is very depressing and doesn't need to be. How much moral support could we possibly send him to reconsider? The other shoe's going to drop when we hear recast Elmo's voice and collectively think "It's an end of an era" or "it's just not the same."

The cowardly little schmuck that came forward with allegations clearly did so for money and to destroy his career, and is getting both. That's the worst part of this.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm hearing many different versions of the story. According to this article, the same man who accused him the first time has retracted his retraction against Kevin http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/1...rage-sex-withdraws-his-withdrawal-of-charges/

But this one says differently
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/elmo-resigns-new-accusations-article-1.1205034

I can't read anymore. I thought this story was over with. I hope Kevin can come back. :frown:

The first article doesn't really make sense to me, he was rushed to pull his accusation? Doesn't sound right. If he was true, than why would he be rushed to pull his accusations?

Before we continue on this thread, I ask that please all conversation about this please stay in this thread only, and I ask that MC not send out emails again until this stays official or changes back to normal. (Hopefully this will clear up and Kevin can go back to work.)

EDIT: Never mind, it's all over the place, even Toughpigs is reporting it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I don't know what to say. I was hoping nothing like this would ever happen. It's so unfortunate that something like this had to happen. :frown:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm very disheartened by this... you know,
it's sad that people are so greedy and manipulative,
it's sad that we may be losing the talents of one of the best in the business,
and as for Kevin's rep, well it's untarnished in my eyes and I support him, like we all have.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I dont think that the people or person that has done this is really taking a look at the big picture....THE KIDS! Elmo was one of them, he could reach, and has help touch so many lifes....Sad sad day for Sesame Street. I dpn't want Elmo to be replaced with another voice but I'm sure it will happen.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I almost feel that this is worse then when Jim, Richard, and Jerry passed away. Because Kevin is still alive still could preform Elmo, and now he has to walk away from it all. I would imagan that it would be like leaving one of your own kids. I know this must be so hard for Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.