Your Thoughts: Jerry Nelson Tribute at The Moving Image Museum

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppeteer Jerry Nelson’s life and work was celebrated on Saturday, October 27, at 2:00 p.m. at the Moving Image Museum in Astoria, New York. Muppeteers Dave Goelz, Fran Brill and Bill Barretta among others honored Nelson.

If you were at the Jerry Nelson Tribute at The Moving Image Museum today please post here and let us know your thoughts. We are also looking for a few folks to write about the event and to also submit any pictures or videos for publication on Muppet Central. Please start a private conversation with me if you're able to help.

The original Jerry Nelson Muppet (1972), now on display at the Moving Image Museum in Astoria, New York.

Edit: Watch video of the Jerry Nelson Tribute here. Thanks Zach (Squigiman)!

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
It was a beautiful event. I'm still collecting my thoughts... Seeing Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Louise Gold, Matt Vogel, and a host of other Muppet alum, kind of broke my mind a little. :smile:

Honestly, I can't imagine a more beautiful tribute to Mr. Nelson and his work.

Walter White

Reaction score
It was a touching tribute to Jerry. All of the speakers had such beautiful things to say about him and the clips that were chosen to be shown were fantastic.

Hayley B

Reaction score
I just heard this from a Matt Vogel's tweet. That was really nice of them to have a tribute about Jerry Nelson. I too hope for videos.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Too bad I didn't get a chance to go because of a storm coming and that flag football game tomorrow and I wanted to go so badly.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I got to attend. It was amazing to see quite a few Muppeteers pay tribute to Jerry with heartfelt introductions. The montages were great and testament to Jerry's wide range of talent. I also got to briefly talk with Louise Gold and Dave Goelz after it ended. (wish I could've said hi to more, but couldn't manage any more within the half-hour time) Both were fantastic and kind people.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I'm just coming to this thread, now, but I was one of those fortunate enough to attend this wonderful celebration of Jerry. It was, simply put, AMAZING! I can't begin to describe how cool it was, here. Only Dave, Fran, and Bill were listed as appearing on the official museum website, so I got knocked on my butt when discovering some of the "special surprises" that were in store. I got to meet a few more of the professional Muppeteers, as well as connecting with friends new and old, from past events and the Puppet Appreciation Society group on Facebook, and once more meeting and getting a pic with Dave (this time with my wife, who hadn't entered my life when the first one was taken), though it came out a little blurry.

All in all, it was fantastic, and The Jim Henson Legacy and Craig Shemin should be applauded for their continued efforts to celebrate the magic of this group of super-talented people that have enriched our lives, amongst so many others. I did get some video of the introductions to the various clips shown, and will hopefully get them all posted online to share, soon. To start off, here is the only actual segment I filmed (to save space on my Flip camera), a reel highlight just some of the MANY characters Jerry performed, with an introduction by Stephanie D'Abruzzo, who put it together. Enjoy!

-Zach

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Wow! That's great Squigman. Which other specific guests came on? Where they any actual Muppets that made live appearances?

Does anyone else have any reviews?