Having Each Other (Ush-Gush)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Wow! Very nicely handled Figgie! A moment of sublime tenderness suddenly interrupted by premature pain...yet you foreshadowed the pain enough to not make it an out-of-the-blue device. Very good!

I really like the idea that Kermit alone sees all sides of the actually very fragile pig: diva, pro actress, champion W-O-M-A-N (though I won't say it again), and her softer aspects as well. That speaks columes about her trust of the frog. Let's hope he lives up to it and gets his hurting wife to the ER pronto!

*runs off to prepare breaking news flash!*
---------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 14: When Life Gives you Figs....

Kermit sat anxiously in the waiting room, his hands wrapped tightly around each other. What was going on? He wondered to himself. As soon as Kermit had brought Miss Piggy to the hospital, the doctors had immediately rushed her to the Emergency Room and shut the door in Kermit's face. Sighing, Kermit sat down and reached for his cell phone only to find it missing. At first he started to panic but then remembered he had put it in Piggy's robe pocket. Walking over to the front desk he picked up the public phone and dialed the first number. It was going to be a long morning...

"Hello? This is Scooter Gross speaking, how ma-"
"Scooter? This is Kermit."
"Oh hey Boss! How are yo-"
"I don't have time for pleasantries right now Scooter, Piggy just went into labor. I need you to help me call the rest of the gang. Piggy and I talked about having the whole family here, she wants them to be here." Kermit said softly, he wanted to be with Piggy right now and that made his heart ache. But he also had a duty to the rest of his family too, so that was where he had to be.
"Well sure thing boss! We'll all fly over as soon as we can, I'll tell everyone who is back at the boarding house, most of them came back. You just have to call Rowlf, Fozzie, Clifford, Gonzo, and Rizzo." Scooter answered, he felt his pulse quicken as he thought about the seriousness of the situation, he almost felt bad for his Boss and friend who had to bear the brunt of it all.
"Hang in there Kermit, we'll be there soon." Kermit smiled and felt his eyes begin to well up.
"Thanks kid." he said thickly.
"Sure thing Kermit."
>Click<

"Yo! This is Clifford! The coolest cat fish known around. Man, what can I do for you?" Kermit rolled his eyes at the what-not's ego centric answer, yet he couldn't help but smile at the familiarity of his low voice.
"Hey Clifford, it's Kermit. This is kind of out of the blue, but I need you to catch the next flight or train to New York. Piggy's gone into labor and she wants her muppet family here, we-we both do, actually." Kermit said, squirming with how abnormal the phone calls were. Yet weren't the muppets all about abnormal and unique situations and people? Perhaps this was a normal thing for other people, but to Kermit, this was a whole new lily pad.
"...I'll be there as soon as I can Kerm, you know I'd never let you down, man." Kermit smiled again, grateful for his friend's words.
"And that's something I'll always be grateful for." He answered in reply before hanging up. The rest of the calls went just as smoothly and Kermit was left to sit and wait...and wait...and wait some more. he was becoming more and more impatient as the clock ticked away more seconds...minutes...and finally hours. During that time all the muppets had arrived along with most of Sesame Street and friends that the gang had brought along. Kermit's parents were even there, although his mother did scold him for not calling himself. She even gave Miss Piggy a run for her money when it came to being angry.
"I had to hear the news from my son's go-fer! his GO-FER?! No offense, Scooter." She said apologetically to Scooter, who was trying to not look amused by seeing his boss being chastised.
"None taken." The go-fer shrugged with a smile.
"But does my own son take the time to call me? No, he has to let everyone else tell his mother about the babies and then he tells his friends. Ooh!" The wizened female frog humphed at her son.
"If I wasn't so frog gone happy for you two I'd smack you straight back into the swamp! now give your mother a kiss on the cheek." She prompted, turning her cheek to face a bemused Kermit who obliged without question. After some more ranting and raving, everything quieted down for a while, something that never really happened with the muppets. Not even Crazy Harry lit a match to a sing one of his explosives, something that became a relief to the muppets, monsters, and frogs. It wasn't until around 7.00 a.m. that a doctor finally came through Piggy's hospital bedroom door and announced the success of the birth. At first, the muppets were so used to the silence that they could only stare at the doctor in disbelief, but after a moment of letting the information sink in they all burst into cheers and clapping. Some of he women wept into their husband's shoulders. Taking a deep breath, Kermit walked away from the excitement, the joy, and fun and instead walked into Piggy's room. The sight there took his breath away and Kermit would never forget the scene that greeted him on that beautiful Wednesday day morning.

Guys, this is where the story ends, I think it would be best if I left the curiosity of what the baby figs look like to you. I really am sorry, it just feels right to me....:frown:

JUST KIDDING!! I will continue the story and post more chapter soon, sorry about how it's kinda short. Please review and don't feed me to anything unnatural if you are angry with me for pulling that joke on you with the early April Fools' joke. :laugh:

mo

Reaction score
sorry I couldn't read it all but what I read was very touching!:smile: really good job.