Your Muppet mistakes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With Christmas coming up, perhaps I should mention that when I was younger I mishead certain song lyrics from A Muppet Family Christmas, most notably Deck the Halls. I thought that both Grover and the black cows lines were something to the effect of "time to play a game of barrell". And I thought Guy Smiley's line was "Till the noogie, lash and lashes". (actually, for years after that I thought it was "Till the new year lash and lashes", but then I looked up lyrics a moment ago and I was even wrong on that line).

And in The Christmas Song, I thought the line was "Jack's not roasting on an open fire, Jack's not nipping at your nose".

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
*I thought Dave Goelz voiced Marjory the Trash Heap myself...:embarrassed:
No Jerry Nelson did the voice of the trash heap![/quote]
How did I not see that? I think it was a mix-up; I had heard Skinfred (or however you spell that) on Believe it or Not and decided that he sounded a lot like Marjory, ultimately concluding that she was, in fact, played by Dave Goelz.

I seem to confuse lots of voices and faces, which sort of relates to another mistake relating to Muppets. To me, Chevy Chase and Harrison Ford look like the exact same person. So, having seen Chase on Follow That Bird, when I watched Star Wars for the first time and saw Han Solo I leaned over to my sister and said, "I know him! He's from Sesame Street!" Even during the credits, I was like, " 'Harrison Ford.' See? I was right."

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I could go on forever... The one that annoys me to this day is that I thought Statler's name was pronounced StaLter. :boo:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I still have to remind myself Steve's name is pronounced "Whit-my-er" and not "Whit-meer".

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
-When I was little, I thought Ernie and Bert were brothers. xD

-When I started watching Fraggle Rock, I thought Jim Henson played Traveling Matt. xD

-And some point before getting into BitBBH again, I forgot what gender Ojo was. :rolleyes:

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
When I was little, I assumed that everyone on SS was a monster. Praire Dawn, Bert, and Ernie included. After all, they certainly didn't look like humans at all.