The Muppets Movie Reviews

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They're not. Carl and Behemoth are live-hand puppets (like Fozzie, Rowlf, etc.), just larger.

So, are there any other full-body Muppets in the film besides Sweetums, Thog and The Mutations or not?
I don't really know, there might be some in the backaround but they don't have big parts. You do see the feet of a lot of Muppets though. I was looking through Muppet Wiki and found out that in certain scenes the Muppets were radio controlled.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I don't really know, there might be some in the backaround but they don't have big parts. You do see the feet of a lot of Muppets though. I was looking through Muppet Wiki and found out that in certain scenes the Muppets were radio controlled.
Hey man dont give away to much yet...keep it vague you want people to be surprised when they go to the movie and see "X" character in it in whatever form
:wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey man dont give away to much yet...keep it vague you want people to be surprised when they go to the movie and see "X" character in it in whatever form
Whoops sorry!! I try my best from giving away spoilers,
But even though I did say this you will still be amazed becuase I didn't tell anyone about what scenes were radio controlled and what wasn't.
You will be amazed by the ingenious puppeteering. After the movie I ran to my computer and the first thing I searched for was behind-the-scenes videos on how they did everything.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They're not. Carl and Behemoth are live-hand puppets (like Fozzie, Rowlf, etc.), just larger.

So, are there any other full-body Muppets in the film besides Sweetums, Thog and The Mutations or not?
I checked it up on muppet wiki it says that Behemoth is a full bodied Muppet.

matleo

Reaction score
I can't remember which sketch it is but Behemoth did appear on the series as a full bodied character at one point. They completed the puppet by putting him in overalls and putting feet on him. Anyone? What am I thinking of? I want to say it's a femile guest star. but besides that Behemoth is typically a large live-hand character like Bobo or Carl.

matleo

Reaction score
nevermind, found it...it was a sketch with Sandy Duncan.

beaker

Reaction score
A lot of the promos heavily feature Behemoth...kind of odd if he's not much in the film. Then again Disney is pulling a retcon by featuring Pepe in a lot of the movie promos even though he's not much in the film. Regarding Behemoth, several of the promos show oddball stuff in his mouth...from a human hand that's supposed to be Jason Segel's to Pepe...so perhaps he is only full bodied in some shots and is more like Bobo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A lot of the promos heavily feature Behemoth...kind of odd if he's not much in the film. Then again Disney is pulling a retcon by featuring Pepe in a lot of the movie promos even though he's not much in the film. Regarding Behemoth, several of the promos show oddball stuff in his mouth...from a human hand that's supposed to be Jason Segel's to Pepe...so perhaps he is only full bodied in some shots and is more like Bobo.
I wonder if that scene's in the movie at all (we'll see in a few days).

12Medbe

Reaction score
Just 24 hours everybody!

Its time to get excited
Come 23rd we'll be delighted
It's time to get things started

It's time to get things started on the

Most Sensational, Inspirational, Muppetational, Better than Muppets From Space-tional

This is what we call The Muppets back on the Silver, Screeeeeeeen!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:sleep: HERE'S WHAT CRITICS HAVE BEEN SAYING! :boo:
:grr:
"You can't go wrong with this one." Andrew O'Hehir - Salon.com
:smile:
"The movie is just shiny, funny, and filled with songs."
Lisa Schwarzbaum - Entertainment Weekly
:embarrassed:
"Slam-dunk. The movie slaps a smile on your face you won't want to wipe off."
Peter Travers - Rolling Stone
:concern:
"Muppetational, a concept that's been in sadly short supply as of late."
Elizabeth Weitzman - New York Daily News
"A generally charming exercise in nostalgia." Roger Moore - Orlando Sentinel
:eek:
"A very welcome return for Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and the rest of Jim Henson's creations after a 12-year big-screen absence."
David Germain - Associated Press
:fishy:
"I'm fiercely protective of these old friends, and I believe that the great Jim Henson would be very pleased with this movie." Scott Weinberg - Twitch
:attitude:
"There isn't a single beat in the film that feels crass or opportunistic. This one is from the heart." Rene Rodriguez - Miami Herald
:big_grin:
"They still have plenty of heart and smart a-s-s-ness to give to a new generation and beyond." Devin Faraci - CHUD
:sing:
"A Muppets for our ironic age." Ann Lewinson - Boston Phoenix
:flirt:
"A vivid reminder of how much we all could use some Muppets in our lives."
Eric Goldman - IGN Movies
:cool:
"The movie world has been a lesser place without the Muppets."
Geoff Berkshire - Metromix.com
:halo:
"As funny, outlandish and sweet as ever."Marshall Fine - Hollywood & Fine
:hungry:
"A brilliant makeover." Pete Hammond - Boxoffice Magazine
:news:
"Remember that feeling you got in the cinema watching "The Muppet Movie" as a tyke? You'll feel it all again." Clint Morris - Moviehole
:crazy:
"The beloved gang's sweet reunion will melt nostalgic adults into laughter and tears." Bill Weber - Slant Magazine
:shifty:
"Makes superfans out of all of us." Simon Miraudo - Quickflix
:rolleyes:
"One of the year’s biggest, mostly effective attempts at franchise reboot."
Emanuel Levy - EmanuelLevy.com
:oops:
"'The Muppets' is not just one of the best films of the year, it is an affirmation that we can indeed occasionally find our way home again, and that some things shouldn't change." Drew McWeeny - HitFix
:cluck:
"An unexpected treat!" Justin Chang - Variety
:zany: