Animal and Floyd Accept the Webby Award

ploobis

Reaction score
That was Awesome! :halo: :sing:

Great seeing Animal & Floyd together again. I should have guest that Animal was gonna accept the Webby Award, but I never would have guest that Floyd would join him. That was a real surprise!

Matt Vogel is doing a great job with Floyd. I think Jerry picked the right man to help keep Floyd alive.

Mupp

Reaction score
And guys, recasting is inevitable[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In fact, here is a quote from MuppetCentral's FAQ;[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The thought of recasting characters can sometimes be a sad and sensitive topic, but given how long the Muppets (and their performers) have been around, it eventually becomes a necessity. Given the talent of the younger members of the team, it looks like the Muppet cast is stronger than ever and really ready to move forward."[/FONT]

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm glad Floyd was there, I've grown a bit tired of the basic cast getting all of the spot light.
I mean don't get me wrong I love them and all but seeing characters like Dr. Teeth & Floyd make this classic Muppets fan happy. :smile:
I can tell a verry small differnce in the voice but it's not bad enough for me to complain :smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
I also noticed that Matt was moving Floyd the same way Jerry would move him. :sing:

I mean watch Floyd in that clip. If he didn't have a speaking role and it was still Matt performing him you would think that it was Jerry under Floyd. That's how good Matt Vogel is.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fully knowing it was Matt... I still thought it was Jerry.

:sing: Great job, Matt! Awesome beyond awesome to see Floyd! :sing:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Recasts are just how it goes and so far I think they're going very well. I can't wait to see a movie or special or something that greater explores all the characters in the Muppetverse! :sing: :flirt: :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i didnt mention this earlier cause i was in a rush..but i agree Floyd sounds spot on, and to keep going i would be repeating all that was said...matt is a great pick and knows what he is doing

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I'm not complaining. It was wonderful.

Sounded like Floyd has been to Narcotics Anonymous and has laid off the cigarettes, but it sounds really nice. I'm happy to see Floyd make a short but awesome appearance that manages to squeeze in a "yea he's back" sentiment more than a lot of his short appearances.

beaker

Reaction score
Recasts are just how it goes and so far I think they're going very well. I can't wait to see a movie or special or something that greater explores all the characters in the Muppetverse! :sing: :flirt: :wink:

I still can't get over how amazing Eric Jaccobsob's performance of Frank Oz characters are. Heck, even the most recent Scooter at the end of Bo-Rhap was spot on. People complaining about these recasts should maybe just stick to watching the dvds of the 70's and 80's productions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still can't get over how amazing Eric Jaccobsob's performance of Frank Oz characters are. Heck, even the most recent Scooter at the end of Bo-Rhap was spot on. People complaining about these recasts should maybe just stick to watching the dvds of the 70's and 80's productions.
Complaining about recasts bugs me for all the reasons I always state. Sometimes performers that sound spot on can't get the handle of the character, and sometimes the performer gets the hang of the character but don't sound like them. And frankly, I'd rather see someone who sounds sort of like a character who embodies what the character is about than someone who does a great impersonation but doesn't have the character down.

If it wasn't for recasts, we'd have Gonzo, Rizzo and a bunch of new characters, then we'd complain that all we have are new characters and that X is missing. And if X is recast its always "Oh, that's what he sounds like?"

I think we've gotten very fortunate with Matt and Eric taking on those roles... though, we've seen and heard Eric's stuff a LOT more than Matt's. i actually want to hear MORE of Matt's interpretation of Jerry's characters. I really want to hear his Strangepork. I hope we have a LOT more of these web videos with a lot more Jerry characters in them.