Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWoO

Reaction score
no, they give you the kit so they have something to work off of.

SUPERPUPPET

Reaction score
whatnot

:super:I really want to get another Whatnot ...... I hope someday they'll have whatnot monster muppets

ploobis

Reaction score
It would be cool if they had Sunglasses in the eye choices. Shades always look good on a Muppet.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you go to a local dollar store, they have inexpensive sunglasses in different styles you can choose from and make something look really neat as an accessory for your Muppet.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I understand that the kit is intended for you to be able to test combinations, however, it's real intention is to be used as a gift, so that as a gift giver, you are not simply saying to the recipient "Here, go to this site and pick what you want". However, the explanation at this link: http://www.fao.com/catalog/factories/muppets_kit.jsp
says ""Once they get thier puppet design just the way they want it, they can either visit the Muppet Whatnot Workshop at FAO Scharz in New York and have it made right there, OR starting in February 2009, they can use the online WHatnot Designer to submit thier orders, which will be completed in 3-4 weeks. "

And to repeat my previous question, can you call in an order, assuming you know what combination you wanted?

MWoO

Reaction score
oh I thought you were talking about the kit shown in the video. That is rather odd that they expect people to take the kit to FAO. If they could get there they wouldn't need to kit. And why make people pay 40 dollars so they can wait until Feb. 2009? Why not just wait without paying the extra cash?

I can only assume that they were getting so many orders that they had to stop all mail orders as well. They shouldn't still be selling the kits though if you can't send it in and get it.

I wish I had gotten my puppet when i had the chance.

SUPERPUPPET

Reaction score
whatnot

I totally understand having to wait until Feb. 2009. Once they had the muppets on the today show the website had to go completely into overload. There is no way there not backed up. I was watching tmz the other day and Brooke shields was at the Whatnot shop with her kids. I'm sure people are looking this up online like crazy...... The good news .... maybe this will make the whatnot shop expand into other cities ..... like chicago. hmmmm:insatiable:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Back from my trip to NY.

I got my two Whatnots, I got the orange body and blue body, and I was able to take away the pieces without them being attached so I can play around with them at some point.

I was disapointed that the whatnots are now ALL $130. The assistant told me that it was an introductory offer before the official opening, there are no more $90 puppets! You have to buy the gift card set, it sounds to me like they got greedy, '' hey these are selling well lets bump up the price!

A few bits I wanted were out oif stock, luckily all the bits for my female puppet were in stock, but the eyes and of course the hoodie were out of stock. I was told there will be NO MORE HOODIES! They expect more stock of the other bits that are out of stock but they are not getting any more red hoodies, so if you got one, its wuite rare!

This info is what I was told in store on Sunday.

The whatnots are great, not really had chance to play around yet but will soon and post some piccys, a great experience.

I also bought Pepe's book and the Whatnot Tee.

Chris

Davina

Reaction score
dang.. that makes it very unlikely that I'll be able to afford one anytime soon (or more to the point.. the 4 or 5 we were thinking about ordering over the next year..) too many other things taking priority at that price.. *sigh* that just stinks.. and if true, they could have come out and said that it was a limited time only sale price... this just reeks of a rip off. and at Christmas too! and with the economy in the tank... *sigh* I am now officially bummed

Status
Not open for further replies.