Never Been a Group of Friends Quite Like This!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just wondering if this quaint tale might get updated perchance? Thank you, we now return you to your regularly scheduled nagging.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 2

Zoot headed home after the meeting, with Boomie and Mustard following him. He took the long way home, so he could spend a little more time with Mustard. He finally arrived at the boarding house. Most of the residents were asleep, but the other members of the band were waiting for him.

"Look who finally decided to come home!" Hands said.

"What happened to you?" Nurse Tounges asked, looking him up and down.

"I...um...got into a fight?" Zoot lied.

"You got into a fight with the wind and a chain fence, didn't you?" Kikit asked.

"Yeah..." Zoot admitted. As soon as he did, Mustard walked from behind him and jumped onto Kikit.

"You found a puppy!" Kikit said, as Mustard licked her face.

"I named him Mustard." Zoot said.

"Why?" Floyd asked, as Mustard continued to lick Kikit.

"His saliva smells like mustard." Zoot said, as Kikit started to stare at Zoot.

"I thought you'd say something stupid, like "I named him that because he changes yellow if he doesn't eat enough mealworms"." Dr. Teeth said.

"He's a puppy, not an iguana." Misty said, staring at Dr. Teeth with a weird expression.

"Whatever." Kikit said, placing Mustard down on the floor. "I'm going to bed." She then left the others to head to the band's room.

"Me too." Misty said, and headed to Fozzie's room.

Some time later, all of the members of the band had fallen asleep (with Dr. Teeth insisting that he wasn't tired). Mustard was curled up on Zoot's bed, and when the others were asleep, his eyes seemed to glow a mysterious red...

The next morning, after the daily song (this time it was Starry Eyed Surprise by Paul Oakenfold), breakfast was served. Kermit couldn't help but noticing the fact that Mustard was sitting on Zoot's lap.

"Zoot, where did you get that?" Kermit asked.

"What? My sunglasses?" Zoot wondered. "Well, I've had this pair for about six-"

"Not the glasses, the puppy!" Kermit said, interrupting Zoot.

"Oh." Zoot said, slightly embarrased. "I found him before last night's Bowie meeting. I named him Mustard."

"Why?" Kermit asked.

"Because his saliva-" Zoot said, but was rewarded in the middle of the sentence by a face in his hand (courtesy of Kikit).

"Not at the table, Zoot." Kikit said, obviously upset from last night's telling of the namesake.

After breakfast, and after everyone was ready for the day, Zoot was searching in a trunk in the band's room. It was full of costumes.

"What are you doing?" Hands asked, as she walked in the room to get one of her manga books.

"Looking for a collar for Mustard." Zoot said, still in the trunk. "By the way, here's your bullhorn." He then gave it to Hands.

"Floyd said he accidentally lost it!" Hand said, in shock. "I'll give him accedentally!"

"MR. RUDE!" Zoot yelled.

"Hahaha. Very funny." Hands said, with her voice full of sarcasm.

Meanwhile, Dimentio was watching the saxophone player searching in the trunk from outside. He decided to help him in the only way a demented jester could. He sent something into the trunk from outside. Oh yeah, he was sitting in a tree. And oh yeah again, the tree branch that he was sitting on just collapsed.

"What was that?" Zoot asked, jerking his head up. He then shrugged his shoulders and continued looking. He found Dimentio's little "gift". It was a purple and yellow collar. There was a dog tag on it. It was white, and had the word "Mustard" engraved on it in black.

"I didn't know we even had this!" Zoot said, holding it up. "Pretty dusty, though." He then left the room, and wiped his hand on the wall to get the dust off. But, that dust seemed to glitter when some sunlight hit it. Almost as if it was magic...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy and pleased am I. Thankees for updating... And I find the narration here as taking place as normal-day fare for the Muppet clan. Well done. Um, would you take an apple turnover? *Confidentially, we're out of cookies, but don't let the Squeek hear that.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 3

Zoot spent the rest of the day with Mustard, much to the annoyance of the other members of the band. He missed band practice, he almost missed lunch, and he even missed Lucas defeat Wario (Misty vs. Dr. Teeth in Brawl. PK Starstorm did major damage).

"Aren't you going to do anything about it?" Hands asked Kikit. They were in the middle of Subspace Emissionary co-op mode with Peach and Kirby.

"Anything about what?" Kikit asked, as she used Final Cutter on a Primid.

"You know, about Mustard!" Hands said, as she grabbed a few stickers.

"Why should I?" Kikit asked, as she ate a lollipop. "He loves the puppy, why should I interfere with him."

"Okay, suit yourself." Hands said, as the level came to a close. "Can you go ahead and save it? I'm gonna go and see if Dr. Teeth ate that sata andagi that I had in the fridge."

"Sure." Kikit said, as she saved and exited the Subspace mode, then went to fiddle with My Music.

Maybe that dog does have something wrong... Kikit though as she added more of "Mona Pizza" and less of "Mona Pizza (JP)". "That's silly! Zoot loves that dog, and I shouldn't mess with my boyfriend!"

Later that night, during dinner, Zoot had brought Mustard with him, and let him sit on his lap again. He was paying too much attention to the dog to notice the conversation the band was having.

"...So it turns out that the curry hadn't even been cooking in the first place!" Misty finished, while the other members (minus the zoned-out sax player) laughed.

"That Kururu's got a great sence of humor!" Nurse Tounges said between laughing.

"And that happened just this morning!" Misty said. "Zoot, what did you think of that? Zoot?"

Zoot hadn't been listening. He was too busy with Mustard.

"What's with him and that dog?" Floyd asked.

"He's obsessed with him!" Dr. Teeth added.

"Kikit, like, why won't you do anything?" Janice asked.

"It's just a phase. This puppy thing's just in the foreground of his mind." Kikit said, without looking up from her food.

"If you say so..." Janice muttered.

Later that night, it was a team Brawl, with Team Groovy (Dr. Teeth as Wario and Floyd as Falco) vs. Team Sunshine (Nurse Tounges as Samus and Janice as Zelda). The final ten seconds were going down. They each had an even number of K.O.s, and Team Sunshine was close to winning. Nurse Tounges picked up a Smart Bomb, and was about to throw it in the direction of Team Groovy (who had each been Pitfall'd), when...

"GUYS! LOOK AT WHAT I GOT MUSTARD TO DO!" Zoot yelled, making Nurse Tounges drop the Smart Bomb too close, and Team Sunshine got caught in the explosion and K.O'd.

"The winners...Wario and Falco!" The announcer said. Team Groovy won!

"Zoot! How could you!" Janice and Nurse Tounges yelled at the same time, their voice filled with anger.

"Thanks for the win, Zoot!" Dr. Teeth and Floyd said as the left.

The game was over, but the anger wouldn't last. Kikit still belived that Mustard was good. But, can we really trust this puppy? Are The Muppets really in danger? Why am I still talking? Why don't you just tune in for the next chapter? I'll be quiet now, okay?

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
For some reason, I can totally see Zoot and Mustard doing that thing I sometimes do with Tidbit, where I'll put my hand on his paw and he'll put his other paw on my hand and I'll put my other hand on his paw... you can probably see where I'm going with this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Don't be quiet, please speak up and post more of this great story. *Sits down waiting for more to be told. :cool:

Boppity

Reaction score
Ahh, this is great! Though now I really want to play Brawl...I've never played before...
But I am sad, because I'm sensing that something's going to happen soon with Mustard.

By the way, sata andagi...is that possibly an Azumanga Daioh reference? :]

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Part 4

Kikit was the only one in the boarding house (besides Zoot) that could stand having Mustard around. She didn't think of him as time consuming. She knew what it was like to love something new. She just knew that Zoot would tone down on this affection and go to his original self in time.

"Why do you keep your spirits up so much about Mustard?" Misty asked Kikit. The two of them were tidying the band's room up a little.

"Why can't I?" Kikit asked. "He'll eventually get to a point where he's just glad to have Mustard, and not be obsessing over him all the time."

"Whatever. I'm leaving now." Misty said, as she was walking out the door.

"Okay." Kikit said, as she organized a little more. She took a picture that had fallen, and put it back on her dresser. It was a picture of herself, along with Tamama (they liked each other as friends) and a Mr. Man that was orange, shaped like a rice ball, and wore white sneakers and a black stovepipe hat with a slate band on it. He was Mr. Small. Tamama used his special ability to travel to different dimensions via rifts to bring both of them to the boarding house. Today was the day that they would be coming. Kikit, Tamama and Mr. Small were working on a big musical number that involved them, matching outfits, and "Party Like a Rockstar".

"They should be here in about a half hour." Kikit said to herself. She then noticed something on the band's desk. The only things on it was the band's laptop, a few pencils, and Zoot's journal. It was still open, and on the newest entry. What she saw almost gave her a heart attack:

Dear Journal,
Mustard's the greatest thing that has ever brought upon me. I mean, sure the band's okay, and Kikit's cool, but they'll never fill the void that was in my heart like Mustard. I sorta think Kikit's a little obsessive. I mean, when she met me, she wouldn't give me an inch of space? How annoying is that? Now, I think of then band and Kikit as just a fly on my windshield.

Rock on,
Zoot
"W-w-what?" Kikit said, her eyes to the brim with tears. She couldn't take it. She trusted Zoot. He was the reason that she disbanded the Fer Sure Four. She loved him! She decided then and there, that if she wouldn't find her as a girlfriend, she wouldn't be able to find him at all! She grabbed her suitcase from the closet, and filled it with some things. She grabbed a few outfits, mainly her most comfortable ones, a swimsuit, a pair of pajamas, her purse, and her tambourine. She closed the suitcase after packing the items.

"Well, that's good for me." Kikit said. "Now the other two..." She rushed to Gonzo and Rizzo's room, and grabbed two of Rizzo's suitcases, and a few of his outfits. She then went to Clifford and Pepe's room, and grabbed a few of Pepe's outfits. Finally, she went to Sweetums and Robin's room, and grabbed some of Robin's outfits.

"That should suit them." Kikit said to herself, and packed them. "Good thing Robin's at camp, Rizzo has that party with the Ninja Turtles, and Pepe's doing something about hanging a picture in Barbados. Now, I wait."

In a few moments, a dimensional rip appeared in the band's room. Out popped Tamama and Mr. Small.

"Hi, Kikit!" Tamama cheerfully said.

"Good tidings, Kikit!" Mr. Small said, tipping his hat.

"Are you ready to practice?" Tamama asked.

"No practice today boys." Kikit said, giving them the suitcases. "We're hitting the dimensional road."

"What?" Tamama and Mr. Small asked at the same time.

Kikit told them the whole story, starting with when Zoot came home from the Bowie meeting.

"So, you want to come? We can stop in your universes first, to check with your friends." Kikit asked, with a look of pleading in her face.

"Sounds like fun!" Tamama said. "I'll go!"

"I've always wanted to try living on the open road." Mr. Small said. "I shall go as well!"

"Great!" Kikit said. "Hold on, I need to do something first." She then took a piece of her pink and purple stationary and a pencil, and wrote a note. I'll tell you what it says later.

"Ready?" Tamama asked.

"Yep." Kikit said. "Let's go down to the basement for what we'll need.

The trio then went down to the basement, which wasn't being used at the time. Kikit found a white moped with two sidecars, three helmets, two pairs of goggles, and a storage area on the back. They put the suitcases in the back, and Kikit placed a button on the control panel of the moped. It was red with a white star.

"Ready, boys?" Kikit asked, as she pulled the goggles over her eyes.

"Yep!" Mr. Small and Tamama said, sitting in each of the sidecars.

"Okay, let's boogie!" Kikit said, and pushed the starred button. A dimensional portal opened in front of the moped, and they drove into it. The portal closed as soon as they were fully in. I'll tell you what that note said:

Dear Electric Mayhem,
You guys are my best friends. I really care for you guys, but I guess one of you doesn't feel the same for me. So, I'm going about the many universes. I'm not telling you which one, because there's no use in trying to find me. I'd say goodbye, but it really isn't one. Hope you can find a new tambourine player.

From your former member,
Kikit.

PS: I brought Tamama and Mr. Small with me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Ooh... Ooh! You... You've been taking lessons from... Ungh!
*Dies, has heart stabbed, needs more fanfic posted to revive self.

:zany: Cue card: Post?