Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to be getting Gonzo....the wait is on! :concern:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I cannot wait to be in the year 2010 when I can do just as bad photo shop pics but with say "Sam the Eagle" ...who knows!
Who here is already having to convince their wife to let them take another room in the house!LOL
My Missus has been really good...she's let me have the ENTIRE loft!:stick_out_tongue:
P.S There's no ladder or stair access!

Davina

Reaction score
ok.. hubby just HAS to get back to work soon.. hehehe (crummy mid winter slope project lulls...) soon as he does, we're definately ordering Gonzo (and probablly Animal too, will need them all for a planned Christmas display anyway....)
will definately have to start looking for a few outfits for him... heh.. 18 month old stuff works? even for the pants? (anyone know what size Animal might wear? It gets cold up here in Alaska in the winter.. hehehe.. have to see if i can find some proper looking coats up here end of season for them for next year...)

MuppetCaper

Reaction score

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
ok.. hubby just HAS to get back to work soon.. hehehe (crummy mid winter slope project lulls...) soon as he does, we're definately ordering Gonzo (and probablly Animal too, will need them all for a planned Christmas display anyway....)
will definately have to start looking for a few outfits for him... heh.. 18 month old stuff works? even for the pants? (anyone know what size Animal might wear? It gets cold up here in Alaska in the winter.. hehehe.. have to see if i can find some proper looking coats up here end of season for them for next year...)
You could a Muppet Season calander and Dress them up in all sorts :big_grin:
Each moth we could start a thread a "best dressed".....sad BUT could be highly funny.:smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I know that Animal wears a kids large shirt. I got a tee at goodwill and this is what he looks like with it. It was a picture I did for a Christmas card.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/KermitandAnimalChristmasphoto.jpg

Or this one:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/KermitandAnimalChristmasphoto-ORIGI.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/IMG_0060.jpg
Wicked pics. I bet you will have fun with Gonzo! So who will get a jumper and chequered shirt?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Although a relatively unfair comparison, this kind of reaffirms the point I was trying to make...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2234433699/sizes/l/
I get it! That's really the issue - a cenral facical issue. The photoshop tweaks I made to the eye focus, lid shells and fur styling are really all "doable" opitions that improve much of this. There is no real reason that MR Gonzo's pupils are so freaky. None.

I am going to ask Travis one more time about why hollowed-out moulded plastic for the nose. The current stocking fix isn't authentic either so I'd think they would have chosen to at least make the nose likeness *look* better and more accurate. I believe some sort of rotocast textured plastic shell - light hollow plastic Palisades Mega Gonzo nose - should have been the way to go.

Still getting him. :concern:

FennShysa

Reaction score
I got Gonzo ordered through Disneyshopping.com. They have him for 249.00. I found a coupon code for 5 dollars shipping but I think it has expired now. But they have advertised 30 percent off this weekend on items 75 dollars and up. I didn't notice it when I ordered mine so I could have probably saved more money:grouchy: ! Oh well maybe some of you can take advantage of it. :zany:
Thanks to that note, I just got Gonzo ordered for $196.79 shipped! ($249 - 30% off, plus the SHIPFOR5 coupon for $5 shipping.... I think that's about the best deal going... :smile:

Bear Man

Reaction score
I just had a thought, and I know this will DEFINITELY void the MR warranty, but what if you surgically removed the stocking and then repainted the foam underneath? Just throwing it out there.

:stick_out_tongue:
I was wondering about that myself - use a stipple sponge and you might get the right texture look at least...

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
So are any members tempted to pimp Gonzo's nose? I gotta count myself out of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.