Season 38 Press Kit

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hmmm... this will be interesting.

American Monster Classics seems like a spinoff of Monsterpeice Theater, thats a good thing.

They also seemed to change the baby marco as well, hah. This season actually looks like an interesting season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some of this stuff sounds pretty dang funny... I will say, I like how they've decided to stick to their guns with literacy... but they're going far too litteral with it...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
You know, from what I've been reading on there, it looks like SS is about to become better than ever as it was back in the "old days"

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Something has been bothering me since last season. In Zoe's description it says

"She LOVES Big Bird, he is her favorite person in the world!"

Why do they keep putting this in her bio when they NEVER interact? This isn't in her Season 36 bio, just 37 and 38. I figured that meant they'd interact more last season but that obviously never happened. And Big Bird is practically non existent this year, so why put that in there again?

The episodes don't sound as interesting as last years, but then you know SW is gonna put up the ones with Elmo, Abby, Zoe, ect. So there might be more diversity than it looks. I'm excited about Chris, and seeing more Marco. This will be the second year in a row a new human cast member has been added. (Yes, Marco is a baby, but he still counts.) Makes one wonder if SW might be slowly phasing out the older cast members. Now I'm not saying Maria, Luis, Gordon, Susan (if you can even still count her) and Bob are just going to disappear. But I think SW is slowly setting up a younger cast in the event any of them leave. Or perhaps they also want some younger people on the show so kids can relate better.

All the parody's look absolutely hilarious. I'm especially excited about "Can't Say the Alphabet Enough" since I can't remember the last time we had an all human segment.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Some early thoughts.
American I, reminds me of The Letter of the Day Pageant hosted by Guy Smiley. Can't wait to laugh at Oscar in the Simon Cowl role.
American Monster Classics, yaey! Return of Monsterpiece Theater!
Looking forward to the new parody sketches and songs as well.
Dinner Theater, hoping for the best... But if they don't live up to their parodical potential (which it looks most probably like it will) then I'd say drop it and devote a greater number of segments next year to American Monster Classics.

Also... There's an episode in here that's nothing but over-repetition, the one with Lucy the Lazy Lizard, will watch that one only once. The episode where Elmo thinks he doesn't get enough attention, hu-boy, that's the sarcastic understatement of the year. And the episode with Snuffy as a snufflesaurus? Guess they forgot about Herb all too quickly.

But I have some hopes for this coming season and I look forward to it all.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really hope that Herb works out. But how do we even know that Big Bird is "non existent"? The season hasn't ever started yet.

BEAR

Reaction score
Man, I wish I knew about the auditions to add new cast members. I gotta get that agent. Then again, I don't think I'd pass for Gordon and Susan's nephew. Maybe next time. This season does look interesting and I'm looking forward to it. I think SS might be heading down a great path.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I agree, and I really love all the parodies this season. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many of them!:smile: Noticed that Fran Brill, Steve Witmire and Matt Vogle are missing from the puppeter bios, though.