Telly and the letter X

muppet baby

Reaction score
i watched the sesme street eposide called telly and the letter x today and i really liked that because of the fact that they made the letter X like the X files that was really funny he he .
Does anyone else here really like this eposide ?

i love how at the end everyone saw the X and then gave him the Zalaphone i think that is how you spell that he he .

Also the skit with Elmo and the music is just Great i loved that so much also so cute Elmo and telly you Rock .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that episode when it first aired back in the summer of 1999 and thought it was so cool, and not only that but 'X' is my favorite letter for some reason. That was also back in the days when Elmo's World was TOLERABLE. Ah, the memories this brings back! I was only like 10 when I saw that.

Oh, and not to be a nitpicker, but it's spelt "xylophone".

muppet baby

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that episode when it first aired back in the summer of 1999 and thought it was so cool, and not only that but 'X' is my favorite letter for some reason. That was also back in the days when Elmo's World was TOLERABLE. Ah, the memories this brings back! I was only like 10 when I saw that.

Oh, and not to be a nitpicker, but it's spelt "xylophone".
oh thanks D'Snowth i forgot to go though and check with the spell checker he he i usally do that but i was in a hurry i guess .:wink:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Although I usually don't like episodes with "sponsor as character" street stories, I'll freely admit that #3833 was well done: the "X-Files" reference reminded me of the older TV parodies I grew up seeing, and the in-jokes about "Sesame Street" itself (remember why the "X" wore shades?) reminded me of the jokes that Jim Henson used to slip into the Muppet segments.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought it was a very good episode. Was this shown on Sprout recently?

muppet baby

Reaction score
Although I usually don't like episodes with "sponsor as character" street stories, I'll freely admit that #3833 was well done: the "X-Files" reference reminded me of the older TV parodies I grew up seeing, and the in-jokes about "Sesame Street" itself (remember why the "X" wore shades?) reminded me of the jokes that Jim Henson used to slip into the Muppet segments.

I know what you mean about about parodies that is something that i really love , also and also the jokes that jim henson would put in those where great also .:smile: they should do that more often .

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first saw this epsiode, I had recently learned that the adults used to think that Snuffy was Big Bird's imaginary friend, which lasted 14 years, so when this episode aired, I wodnered if the other characters were ever going to see the X, making him a regular character who the others didn't beleive existed.

muppet baby

Reaction score
When I first saw this epsiode, I had recently learned that the adults used to think that Snuffy was Big Bird's imaginary friend, which lasted 14 years, so when this episode aired, I wodnered if the other characters were ever going to see the X, making him a regular character who the others didn't beleive existed.

oh yes i had frorgot about i loved that so much, that was really cool , What year did the imagunary friend start ? Just wondering if anyone can answer that would be great !

minor muppetz

Reaction score
oh yes i had frorgot about i loved that so much, that was really cool , What year did the imagunary friend start ? Just wondering if anyone can answer that would be great !
Snuffy first appeared in 1971, and the adults thought Big Bird was just imagining him as soon as Big Bird told them about him. The adults finally saw Snuffy and accepted him as real in 1985.