Dreams about Muppets...

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt of seeing a rather interesting appearance by the Muppets on a TV special from somewhere between 1977-78. I can't remember much of this special except that it had nearly every Muppet from both Sesame Street and The Muppet Show on there, and there was some female singer. The scene, set backstage in a theater (not the Muppet Theater), was a musical number that was a salute to some of the greatest musicals, and one by one, a Muppet would come in to assist said singer, but of course this being the Muppets, chaos and silliness were bound to erupt at any and every moment.

The Muppets I remembered seeing are as follows:

Big Bird

Ernie (playing a piano) and Bert (playing a ukulele)

Kermit

Mean Mama

Grover

Sweetums

The Count

Some Anything Muppet kids

Rowlf and assorted Muppet dogs

Cookie Monster, Luncheon Counter Monster, Herry, Frazzle, the green/yellow beaked monster (SS), Harvey Monster, Grey Monster (SS), and Harvey Monster all running amok; LCM nibbling on a piece of film reel, some explosions here and there, munching cookie noises, etc.

Beaker entangled by Snerfs

Guy Smiley

Swedish Chef dancing in Carmen Miranda wardrobe with bananas

Animal chasing a crocodile, and later on, being chased by the crocodile. Floyd, Zoot and Janice looking on in confusion.

The birds from the "For the Birds" sketch

Fozzie dancing in a hat and cane and Scooter telling him to watch out for the banana peel, which Fozzie slips on.

Male Whatnot Mexican hat dancers dancing to "America" from West Side Story and crashing into scenery

Camera then pans to a huge prop garbage can (with a lid like the one you'd see on trashcans in Britain) in which Oscar, wearing a viking helmet, emerges out of, attempting to sing an opera. But then Oscar forgets his lines and screws up, and goes back inside the can.

A few seconds later, Gorgon Heap slowly rises up from behind the trashcan, wearing a bowtie, and sings a (very) long note causing him to lose his breath that he faints, dropping his head on top of the lid in exhaustion. He then tells everyone to "cue the next number" and collapses onto the floor.

Then it cuts to Kermit and Piggy in the mountains, a la "The Sound of Music"

...at which point I awoke in reality and snapped out of my dream. All I can say is that it was kind of neat seeing this.
That sounds like an awesome dream! I can see them doing something like that! I love musicals myself, in fact, the Muppets are one of the reasons I got into musical theater.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Hum. Allright. Lemme tell.
I was in the muppet theatre and saw the electric mayhem...
....and Zoot first, of course...
And I just couldn't help...
.... I kissed Zoot....

OMG I STILL FEEL EMBARASSED!

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I had a dream a few weeks ago that the Fraggle Five showed up at my job. I was the only one in the building, so they put on music and I watched as they danced around the store. Then they got some bottles of ketchup and mustard and chased each other around squirting each other. I didn't even mind that I had to clean it up because it was so funny to watch!

More recently I had a dream that my boyfriend and I were sitting in a parked car performing two Muppet monsters we had made ourselves. We got out of the car and went into the house, which was the old house I grew up in that's always appearing in my dreams, and Kermit and Cookie Monster were inside. They told us they liked our monsters. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Hee hee, ilovemusic...

Don't feel embarrassed. I'd be more than happy, myself, to make a certain yellow-skinned journalist turn beet red. :wink:

Did Zoot kiss back?

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Hee hee, ilovemusic...

Don't feel embarrassed. I'd be more than happy, myself, to make a certain yellow-skinned journalist turn beet red. :wink:

Did Zoot kiss back?
I would like to know but, yeah, my alarm clock went. Life's unfair!:mad:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
You guys are messin' with my head, I swear...

This morning, at the end of a much longer dream I can't recall, I was standing in someone's driveway with a basketball hoop over the garage with Gonzo and some (real) chickens and some jock with the personality of Link Hogthrob (though it wasn't actually Link...you get the idea). Gonzo told the jock, in utter seriousness, that the jock's Lothario ways had inspired him to start dating chickens in the first place. The jock laughed, grabbed a chicken and threw it, clucking and fluttering, through the hoop.

Weird. :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt I saw a deleted scene from The Muppet Movie, involving a nighttime car chase between the Muppets and Doc Hopper, in bad weather. And during this time Sweetums had taken a bus to hollywood, when he looks out the window, sees the Muppets, then runs out the bus, only to have lost track of where the Muppets were when he got out of the bus, and for the bus to have left.

I keep wondering if there were any deleted scenes involving Sweetums in the movie, and I keep dreaming of seeing deleted scenes with the character.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Mary Louise, did he still have a quesky voice?

That's sounds like a great scene minor muppetz

I had a dream the other day about an alternate Muppet Movie as well. Only it was like completely different from the movie. It started with a prequel where Kermit get's lost as a baby in the middle of the desert during a runnaway train incident. Then it went to the idea of a movie within a movie only instead of a theatre, they were watching it in Fraggle Rock and it was Kermit's birhtday. The last scene I remember was this medium shot of Fozzie and someone else (I forget who). Some fraggle walk in fron of them only they're so short we only saw the tops of their heads. They go offscreen and one of them says something to the extent of "and over here we have the Snuffleuppagus..." then you hear an elephant trumpet, losts of stomping and fraggle screaming, meanwhile Fozzie and the other muppet he's with have reactions of pure horror and then guilt and then awkwardness.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
It's outrageously hot here, and the cooler at the house where I live is busted. I'm usually up all night just so my brain isn't fried while I'm writing. Unfortunately, this means I sleep during the morning/early afternoon hours...while the house cooks me slowly...

This morning, the HEAT awoke me before I was ready in any way to actually be conscious. Laying there, only drowsily aware of my surroundings, I drifted into a dream that I was the actual Newsman...laying there in the heat. In the dream, I staggered from bed, padded down the hall barefoot to the kitchen, climbed INTO the fridge, and fell back asleep in the blissfully cool air...

And then woke up very disappointed that NONE of it was true.

(What can I say? I'm the guy's head a lot. And I can see distinct advantages to being Muppet-sized...) :smile: