Between the Lions discussion thread

Erine81981

Reaction score
I to also watch it on my days off. I love "Between The Lions." I'm 24 going on 25 and watch all sorts of Kiddie shows. Now I know that I'm trying to go out with this girl that doens't hate cartoons but hardly watch them because she thinks that others would either call her names or so. (I guess) I just hope that one of these days she sees past the kiddie that I am and gives me a chance.

salemfan

Reaction score
You know, I do believe the lions on "Between the lions" should eat slim jims (I've tried them, and they're not as good as some other stuff like that I've had!)
Why do you believe the lions on Between the Lions should eat Slim Jims?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I still watch it and hope to see newer episodes in this year. I have lots and lots of episodes recorded. I really want more to start airing soon. Or even the older shows too. I would love to have the first few seasons. I know they came out with the first season but i would rather just record them then buy them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't really say I like the new format, but they've had it for some time now. I really dislike the fact a certain episode taught COUNTING! Not kidding.

The first season of Mississippi PTV episodes is utterly unwatchable. If you ever find yourself about to watch them, don't. They've come quite a ways since then, however. I wish someone who worked on the show, some insider could give us some info for the changes.

But the first "new" season reused old stories and segments with new framing devices. They've since been using new stories and it has improved dramatically.. but trust me, those first "new" episodes are junk.

salemfan

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I should probably tell you that the first story on the episode "Click Clack Moo/The Little Red Hen" (an episode made in part by Mississippi Public Broadcasting) has an ending that sounds similar to a Cheetos commercial from 1999 in which Chester Cheetah has a stunt double (somebody in a Chester Cheetah costume) to do the role of diving into a vat of Cheetos-and it turns out the guy in the Chester Cheetah costume was Daffy Duck. Here's the commercial:
And to allow you to see the first story in the Between the Lions episode "Click Clack Moo/The Little Red Hen", here it is:
After seeing the two, do you think the ending to the first story in the episode is supposed to be more like the aforementioned Cheetos commercial or more like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny (the cubs think a cow really wrote it, but as they get older and develop more logic, they'll figure out that it was really their mother that wrote it)?

Last edited: