Between the Lions discussion thread

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I know I'm 22, going on 23, and I know I'm more than old enough to watch "Kid's" shows, but sesame street, and between the lions are the only kid's shows I watch, because both shows are not only educational, but they're entertaining! Between the lions is a funny show with a buch of wacky characters. I like Leona, Cleo, and Theo! Theo's my favorite character, because when he has a big piece of meat in his hand, and offers it to someone, and that someone doesn't want it, he says "Oh well! I won't let this go to waste!", and starts eating it like the beast he is! I like Lionel too!

salemfan

Reaction score
If the lions are portrayed to eat meat, why aren't the lions portrayed eating Slim Jims?

fozziegod

Reaction score
I love to watch this with my kids

I was sorry to see that my local pbs station moved between the lions out of thier after school rotation. We watched it faithfully every day:smile:
My personal favorite is Arty Smarty Pants...dance in smarty pants:smirk:

My oldest's favortie episode is the jazz one with the overshoes.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it......I still like Bear in the Big Blue House and Breakfast with Bear and I am 32.

Hehehehe

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Fuzzy wuzzy was a BEAR!!! Fuzzy wuzzy had NO HAIR!!!!
Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he?!

I laugh everytime I hear that!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watch Between the Lions on my days off.I'm happy that phonics are still being taught on tv,in an entertaining format.:smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
You know, I do believe the lions on "Between the lions" should eat slim jims (I've tried them, and they're not as good as some other stuff like that I've had!)

abiraniriba

Reaction score
my favorite Between the Lions sketch

Sven said "Ted send ten tents."
Ted said "Sven send ten cents."
When Sven sent Ted ten cents
Then Ted sent Sven ten tents.

If you can follow this and keep from mixing up Ted and Sven it makes perfect sense, except for one small thing. How good a tent would Sven get for 1 cent.:smile:

DTWolf

Reaction score
Personally I think BTL is the best show on U.S. television today. The latest season of episodes (the ones with two stories per half-hour focusing on consonants) are a disappointment, but the previous seasons are pure magic. I nearly collapsed laughing the first time I heard the mother telling her daughter in front of the TV, "It's educational television--it must be good for you!"

Between the Lions is the kind of smart, funny, brilliant, and creative children's show that Sesame Street was in its prime.

And, oh, I'm not a child either but I still adore this program.