How's the weather where you are?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
Snowing here, also. Good news is that next week it's supposed to be in the 50's and 60's. =)

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks Skye, Ilikemuppets, and redBoobergurl.

Today was very painful. She was pretty distant. I guess she's okay with us just bascially saying hello when we meet. So much for the friendship she said she would always cherish. That's the way it goes. Can suddenly be dropped like a hot potato.

I'm not even sure I believe she's really engaged. She doesn't have any ring on her finger and this engagement supposedly happened on Feb 14th. It's possible they verbally got engaged and the guy didn't buy a ring yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had her friend just say she's engaged in order to get me to forget entertaining any possibility of a relationship with her. She could always claim she was engaged but that it broke off.

In any case, it's very painful to not only lose the possibility of a dating relationship with someone I fell hard for, but to also apparently lose her special firendship. And it further makes me feel SO incredibly inferior to every other person.

It's a scary and agonizing thing. I want to be able to take a chance again in the future with a woman if she seems to like me. But yet I fear that it's too hard to successfully court a woman. Too many ways to botch it up. Too risky that at any time she could suddenly not want me anymore and pull a 180. Or keep wavering back and forth. I know lots of people have found someone who consistently loves them back. But that hasn't been the case in my life. And I'm scared I just might not have what it takes. But being alone forever is a h ell of its own too. But risking more heartbreaks and then getting just them is h ell.

Oh well, thanks for listening.

The weather is a cold 43 with rain. And the rain is supposed to continue all the way to 6pm tomorrow. Kind of appropriate weather to match how I feel right now.

Anyone have any tips on how to not suffer from a brokenheart? Or does it just take time? Cuz I'm off the weekend now but feeling so hurt about this. And I hate to agonize over this the whole weekend. But it's something that you can't just "get over it".

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hugs to you Ziffle! I guess theres really no much I could say because I'm not going to say that it was anyones fault or anything. It really could be a number of things and I wouldn't really know where to start? Love is so confusing and I just know know if it's possible to ever understand it completely, you know?

But it's been raining all day long. But I like the sound of it. It's very calming for me. It's just when it sounds like flooding where I start freaking out, heh!:eek:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh wow... what a confusing situation, Ziffel. I think it's best to be careful and not jump to conclusions right away. I suppose that anything is possible.
I also want you to know that I understand your fears and your worries. There are times when I can be very prone to being scared that my significant other would fall out of love with me, too. I blame my low self-esteem for that, hehe. I always think I'm a loser. But if you don't take the chance, you could miss out on something really amazing. Everyone deserves to find their special someone... the one they know they can and will be with forever. And I really hope that you will find her one day. I truly believe that she is out there somewhere. :smile:

A broken heart is so hard to deal with. But... I do think the best way to handle it may be just to give it some time. Since she did (and still does) mean a lot to you, it's definitely not something where you can just flip the switch and feel 100% again. Try to think about the good things that are in your life right now and the people you know are always there for you. And, through time, I do hope you will feel at least a little bit better... hopefully soon. :smile:

Today... I could barely stand to be outside at all. It was freezing! The weather here thinks it's still December. :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm sorry that the weather is so cold for you honey. And you aren't a loser at all to me and I know that you know that.:flirt:

wes

Reaction score
We actually had snow flurries this morning

Teheheman

Reaction score
Snow, snow and MORE fricken snow. It's fine now, but it SUCKED earlier today.

Daniel