Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
On one episode of Wizards of Waverly Place, Selena Gomez/Alex says something about a video online of Big Bird singing a rap song or something like that.

I'm almost certain this wasn't in the movie, (then again I don't think I've ever seen the whole movie) but we had to read Holes for reading class last year (which wasn't too bad, but it still skipped around to different times and situations, which was a bit confusing) and at one point, Stanley said something like "Didn't you watch Sesame Street as a kid?" or something along those lines.

And also there was a contestant on Who wants to be a Millionaire? whose name was Kermit, and there were quite a few Muppet references on that.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Thought I'd use my first post to share an appearance that literally just aired. Statler & Waldorf "appeared" on the Tonight Show heckling President Obama. They simply used clips from the Muppet Show, but it was still pretty cool to see!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Thought I'd use my first post to share an appearance that literally just aired. Statler & Waldorf "appeared" on the Tonight Show heckling President Obama. They simply used clips from the Muppet Show, but it was still pretty cool to see!
I saw that too. I thought it was pretty hilarious!
:sleep::boo:

AaronCF

Reaction score
Kermit on Roseanne

Does anyone know the broadcast date and Network of the episode of The Roseanne Show which featured Kermit as a guest?

The clip I have only has a year (which is unfortunately wrong), and MuppetWiki doesn't have the appearance listed. I need the citation for a paper I'm writing on Kermit's celebrity status.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I used to draw comics for college class, well, my geography one. I forgot now but there was something to do with weather and climate and some category "C" ... so I drew Cookie Monster singing the obvious song.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A few days ago I was watching Scooby-Doo on Boomerang, and I think it was the episode with Josie and the Pussycats guest starring, and at one point one of them said something like, "They didn't even have to say 'Open Sesame Street'." It was when they were on the boat, and the mountain opened up.

muppets2

Reaction score
speaking of that episode once my friend and i were wacthing that episode and we paused it (ti-vo)and the cat had this really funny expression on his fce and we started laughing

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Also, I remember watching Family Feud about a year ago, and it was "Name a famous couple you would like to spend the day with" and one of the contestants said "Bert and Ernie" :stick_out_tongue::frown:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I just remembered this recently, there's a show called Don't Forget the Lyrics, and a famous musician and his daughter were on the show, and the host mentioned that he met them when the daughter was very young, and she said something like "You ate my Cookie Monster cake," or something like that, and the host told them he'd bring out something involving Cookie Monster if they reached $50,000. However, on the $50,000 song, "Because of You" she said "stand" instead of "stray too far from the sidewalk," so we didn't see the Cookie Monster thing. :insatiable::insatiable::sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
On an episode of American Dad, Stan was dancing with his daughter Haley at her wedding and he said...
"Doesn't this remind you of that ballroom dance sketch on The Muppet Show? You know, where they would dance around and tell jokes?"