Muppet Film and TV References

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This one is a couple weeks old, but during Woodstock's 40th Anniversary, Howard Stern was talking about some of the acts, and when referring to Bert Sommer, he made a quick reference to him performing with Ernie. Not much, but it made me smile.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Another one! Today on Howard Stern's radio show, he had comedian Pablo Francisco (who does a bit about Kermit and Scarface). Because of Pablo's bit and focusing on his impressions, he briefly did an impression of Kermit, which Howard then imitated.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
These are technically real-life references, not TV or anything:
One of my teachers got an ELMO* and one of the boys in that class with me was dancing with it, singing "La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's World" and another teacher was buying one, although it was smaller and a bit more like a lamp (not much) rather than the big box-like thing, and somebody said, "It's red like Elmo!" or something along those lines.

(*For those of you that don't know much about this type of stuff [I myself don't know all that much on technology], an "ELMO" is like a projector)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sesame's Lifetime Achievement Award from the Daytime Emmy's got a nod on The Soup starring Joel McHale. He then proceeded to make a joke about Oscar getting rid of Gordon and sexually forcing himself on Elmo.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well this is a pretty old one so maybe it's been mention.

But I'm a huge South Park fan and have all DVD releases so far (even the somewhat weak season 2 set), I even watch the show with commentary. Well for season eight in the episode entitled "Woodland Critter Christmas," which is the last episode of the season and maybe one of their most famous episodes, Trey Parker and Matt Stone (the creators of South Park) stated that the voices of the "christmas critters" were based on Jim Henson's Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas. They keep going on about it and admitted that as kids they loved the show, but when they watched it as adults, they thought that special was actually "horrible."

Not saying I agree with them on that one, just mentioning it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yet another mention on Howard Stern today. Regular caller Wendy the Retard left a voice mail message while performing an impersonation of Miss Piggy telling "Kermie" to call her back. Howard mistakenly believed she was watching Sesame Street before the call, but went on to say the impression was horrible and insinuated the Muppets were more entertaining and worthy of better quality bits then just saying "Hello".

Teheheman

Reaction score
Conan on last Wednesday's show talked about Elmo's Swine flu's PSA, and Elmo was saying 'Pray to your God, we're all gonna die' and stuff like that. It was pretty funny actually

Daniel

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Ok, this one is a real-life reference, but our science teacher plans on teaching us about respiration by singing about it to the tune of "What Makes Music?"

Teheheman

Reaction score
In the NFL 'Made for TV movie' segment on Conan, he said that Peyton Manning was played by Beaker.

Daniel

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Okay, another book reference, but still Muppets. In Diary of a Wimpy Kid, there was one scene where Greg's little brother was watching TV, and there was a speech bubble coming from the TV that said, "C is for cookie, and cookie is for me." :insatiable: