I won't be posting anymore...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been saying it for a long time, but really, MC hasn't been the same since 2010 - that was really the beginning of its downfall, and it's only continued to persist off and on since then, it's almost kind of cyclical: MC will go through peaceful periods, then it'll go through dramatic periods, then it'll be peaceful again, then it'll be dramatic again, and yes, this was a contributing factor in driving away a number of our old timers way back when - there was the complaint that MC had become "too high school."
Campaigns don't work, past members have tried and failed to make this place better. However, I do feel one thing we should do around here is stop being so serious. This place used to be driven by friendliness and humor and trying to make each other feel good.
Well, like it's been said before, fun isn't something that can be forced, it has to be spontaneous, and that's why MC was so much more fun back in the day, because a lot of us were wild and indulged in the kind of craziness that made this place what it was . . . but again, it was all spontaneous. Yes, there's been attempts to revitalized that sort of atmosphere around here again, but I guess it falls flat, because it feels awkward now: back then most of the regulars were teenagers, and we still hadn't quite grown up yet, so of course we'd indulge in hijinx, because that's pretty much what the internet was for. Now a majority of the MC community is twenty-and-thirtysomethings, so I guess that kind of indulgence might feel "immature" and "childish."
Now, things are just all about giving you're opinions and straight facts about everything, no one is really trying to be friends anymore.
Funny you should mention that, because we did actually go through a period of time around here years ago where it seems like you couldn't express a difference of opinion on anything, because so many people were getting butthurt about people not agreeing with their opinions . . . or, if you had a different opinion about something, then people would rip you a new one about polluting MC with negativity and pessimism, so it's like . . . I don't, I guess it's something of a catch 22: on the one hand, there was a period of time where there was no respect for a difference of opinion, but on the other hand since that was taken care of, I guess that's allowed some of the more opinionated members to speak their mind more freely, which I know people like Drtooth, mr3urious, heralde, and even myself have been doing as of late.

As for your other point, it almost seems like society today sort of shuns friendship - people don't seem to want actual friends anymore, unless it's purely out of convenience or something. It makes me think of what Frank Oz was saying in I AM BIG BIRD about why he doesn't do SST much anymore, because he misses the camaraderie of the older days that was among the cast and crew. It's kind of the same with MC, that sense of camaraderie just really isn't here anymore. Of course, then again, back then MC was a much smaller and more close-knit community, whereas today it's really grown and expanded beyond just a group of teenage Muppet Freaks who would indulge in muffining and other general craziness. There's a less communal atmosphere.
I know part of that is just because a lot of people have grown up and life just isn't as fun as it used to be
Well, not just that, but a lot of those people really do have lives now, in the sense of they're off in college, or have a hundred jobs, or in some cases even have their own families to raise now, so that certainly keeps a majority of those old timers away considerably.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I've been thinking of quitting the forum again (I've said it before), but I'm fading out of The Muppets, and most of my posts have been on General Discussion, and I rarely post on there at that too. the recent Muppet projects haven't been that great in my opinion and I honestly prefer the older Muppet projects. I did like The Muppets (2011) and Muppets Most Wanted, but I wasn't really the biggest fan of the recent show. and I am not sure if I'll be that into a Muppet Babies reboot, and several of the people that I like and endear on this website are quitting the forum all because of the election thread or have quit due to other reasons. I've been staying out of the election thread as much as possible. And like I said before I'm fading out of The Muppets in general, the older projects are still good, but at the same time, I'm starting to fade out of them too, maybe there might be a time, where I'll see everyone again on the forum and like The Muppets just as much as I used to when I was 15, but for now this is goodbye. :cry:

Last edited:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I feel like the only time I ever check this forum anymore is to see who posted in this thread. Muppet Central was a special place to me years ago when I was a kid in high school, eager for the beginning of a new golden era of Muppets starting with the 2011 movie, and at the time the site was booming from new users and old-timers who all came together to celebrate the new film. I met a lot of great people through Muppet Central, some of which I still keep in contact with, but the site has changed a lot and I haven't felt the need to ever come back. I often check in to see if I have any messages and to see who bid their farewells, but otherwise, there isn't any activity that keeps me coming back, especially since The Muppet franchise is at such a saddening low point. Like many things, MC was fun in that early era leading up to TM 2011 and even a bit of MMW, but like all things, most people have moved on and it ultimately came to an end. There's a lot of greatness that I'll always remember from the countless hours of ridiculous threads, muffining, ziffling, the NHAS, the CCC, the T*K*O, and constant hilarious banter, it was truly incredible, but everyone at this point has packed up and moved on. Not that I expect anything to continue, in honesty I think it would be ridiculous if it would, but it's about time that I make it official too.

So, even though I actually left a long time ago, I figured I'd make it official now. MC is and will always be a great site, and I'm thankful for all the amazing interactions and people I've connected to through this site. Thankful for all the fun and interactions through all these years, and I always have nothing but respect for the site and for bringing the Muppet fan community together in ways that no one could have imagined.

Thanks for everything!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap, it's you! I thought you pulled a Hubert on us and disappeared completely - I haven't seen you anywhere in years, not even Facebook. Nice to know you're still alive and well, but your absence (among others) has certainly been noticeable. :frown:

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've decided to come back here again, the interest came back, I'm sorry about the last post, and I'm not going to say I'll post much on here, however, I'm hoping to continue supporting this site for another year or two.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm not going to be personally slandered on this forum any longer. I'm done and never coming back.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm proud of the work I've contributed to Muppet Central over the years, much of it graphic design. I've been a member of MC for at least 17 of their 19 years. That said, I don't feel connected here anymore. The forum seems to only have a handful of the same old voices, many of them cranky, and not much moderation. Interacting with that has a way of rubbing off on a person and that person is not going to be me. Visiting does little for my spirit. The content of MC is also sorely lacking. While I might post something here or there sometime in the future, I'm gonna be shuffling on. Most of my friends here are also friends on Facebook, so it's no big deal. Forums, in general, make little sense these days. If you're not on my Facebook Friends List, you're certainly welcome to friend me. Good luck and peace. I mean that. :smile: From here on out, my focus is going to be on good people who want to be happy and to make the world better. It'll be also on drawing, designing and creating legit works for different brands (including the brand that brought me here in the first place). :jim:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm proud of the work I've contributed to Muppet Central over the years, much of it graphic design. I've been a member of MC for at least 17 of their 19 years. That said, I don't feel connected here anymore. The forum seems to only have a handful of the same old voices, many of them cranky, and not much moderation. Interacting with that has a way of rubbing off on a person and that person is not going to be me. Visiting does little for my spirit. The content of MC is also sorely lacking. While I might post something here or there sometime in the future, I'm gonna be shuffling on. Most of my friends here are also friends on Facebook, so it's no big deal. Forums, in general, make little sense these days. If you're not on my Facebook Friends List, you're certainly welcome to friend me. Good luck and peace. I mean that. :smile: From here on out, my focus is going to be on good people who want to be happy and to make the world better. It'll be also on drawing, designing and creating legit works for different brands (including the brand that brought me here in the first place). :jim:
You're leaving?!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
You're leaving?!
For the most part. Yes. Much of life isn't about sharing the same opinions, but it is about how we live our values. I feel that this site and forum are in contradiction with mine and it's clear that there's no improving it. There's only mud to be thrown. When that happens, no matter how clean or kind a person is, everyone gets muddy. I've witnessed otherwise good people growing mean here and I just don't get it.

I have many online friends with whom I maintain frequent contact and even exchange hundreds of actual holiday cards every year. That's real connection and friendship. MC is more like shouting into the void. A place for people to state their opinions without listening to or having empathy for others. The web is full of those spaces, but I don't visit them. I much prefer Tough Pigs' approach. They've always been sweet and welcoming to me while MC has been slowly eroding for over a decade.

The greatest reason that I am leaving is that the priorities here have changed. MC is no longer to a place to share the life, works and wisdom of Jim Henson. He infused his creations with values that I live by daily that are no longer recognized here. Instead, this has turned into a place of contempt and willful ignorance that I don't want to be associated with as a human being or as a creative professional. There's really no blame here. Some things just have an expiration date. My involvement with MC has been rotting on the vine for years now.

I'm fiercely and stubbornly loyal, but even I have my limits. I offer no one here any ill will. I just don't see the spirit of Jim reflected here and so I'm going to go. It's not an easy thing to do after contributing years of illustration and design to the very architecture, but I feel right about it. :smile: Peace.

I wish everybody here well. Y'all know where to find me. :wink:
(And please, any remaining LGBT friends or other marginalized folk who haven't Facebook me, I invite you to do so. I will always back you up!)

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
For the most part. Yes. Much of life isn't about sharing the same opinions, but it is about how we live our values. I feel that this site and forum are in contradiction with mine and it's clear that there's no improving it. There's only mud to be thrown. When that happens, no matter how clean or kind a person is, everyone gets muddy. I've witnessed otherwise good people growing mean here and I just don't get it.

I have many online friends with whom I maintain frequent contact and even exchange hundreds of actual holiday cards every year. That's real connection and friendship. MC is more like shouting into the void. A place for people to state their opinions without listening to or having empathy for others. The web is full of those spaces, but I don't visit them. I much prefer Tough Pigs' approach. They've always been sweet and welcoming to me while MC has been slowly eroding for over a decade.

The greatest reason that I am leaving is that the priorities here have changed. MC is no longer to a place to share the life, works and wisdom of Jim Henson. He infused his creations with values that I live by daily that are no longer recognized here. Instead, this has turned into a place of contempt and willful ignorance that I don't want to be associated with as a human being or as a creative professional. There's really no blame here. Some things just have an expiration date. My involvement with MC has been rotting on the vine for years now.

I'm fiercely and stubbornly loyal, but even I have my limits. I offer no one here any ill will. I just don't see the spirit of Jim reflected here and so I'm going to go. It's not an easy thing to do after contributing years of illustration and design to the very architecture, but I feel right about it. :smile: Peace.

I wish everybody here well. Y'all know where to find me. :wink:
(And please, any remaining LGBT friends or other marginalized folk who haven't Facebook me, I invite you to do so. I will always back you up!)
Please don't leave.