Commercial rant time...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know how I've been complaining about those ambulance-chasing commercials that always say, "If you or a loved one took such-and-such medication, and experienced any of the following potentially life-threatening side effects, including death, you may be elligible for compensation."? Well, guess what? It finally happened. There actually is such a commercial on certain cable channels right now that actually mentions that someone who had died as a result of taking the medication had been awarded compensation. They awarded monetery settlement to a dead person. Really.[/b]
I actually hear this all the time, and it's more of a matter of "if you're loved one died" not "if you're dead, your deceased corpse is entitled to money that can't be used because you're dead." It's the wording sounding complicated that's the problem.

And I still can't take this crap seriously anymore since Better Call Saul.

There has been a commercial that's been driving me nuts. A Milk commercial that uses a spelling bee format to say how "unnatural" the additives in almond milk and the likes are to make them sound like the less healthy alternative. The thing is... uh... Lactose Intolerance maybe? Maybe that's why some people prefer something they can digest to something they can't?

mr3urious

Reaction score
There has been a commercial that's been driving me nuts. A Milk commercial that uses a spelling bee format to say how "unnatural" the additives in almond milk and the likes are to make them sound like the less healthy alternative. The thing is... uh... Lactose Intolerance maybe? Maybe that's why some people prefer something they can digest to something they can't?
And speaking of milk, there's the "Do Plants" commercial for Silk they've had recently that feels like they're trying way too hard to make plant-based milk all "hip" for the youngsters of today. That talking almond they had before was able to get the point across just fine without sounding painful and obnoxious.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AS3t/silk-they-song-by-party-favor-and-nymz

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm not too crazy about the Dairy Pure ads. Growth hormone-free milk. Fine. Talking cows for pitching their product. I can buy that. But having one dressed up like a Valley Girl ("Like, Moo!"), Frank Zappa is spinning in his grave.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While this isn't necessarily a rant against these LifeLock commercials, I must admit, watching them actually reminds me why I stopped using AVG for anti-virus almost ten years ago: all it did was monitor problems, it didn't do anything to actually fix them.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Okay, has anyone seen this one?

There's nothing to see but seriously? They always air it on channels with classic shows like Antenna TV or Me TV. The animation is just disasterous, I mean the lips don't even sync to the words, and it'll probably creep someone out instead of making them want to buy a knee brace.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those were mentioned in another thread, and all I can say about them is...ehhh. I don't know why they bothered with it, I'm honestly more concerned about the poorly animated Tax Services ads because...well, do you really want your money in the hands of whoever paid for this with couch cushion change?

Ah, that great old tax scam company fear propaganda.

As for the knee brace commercial, watch everyone's favorite horror movie host give the commercial what for in a way only he can.

Yeah! You tell 'em, Sven!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
fuzzygobo mentioned not liking those Dairy Pure commercials with the talking cow "Like, moo!" But for some reason, the music in that commercial sounded so familiar, but I couldn't think why . . . but now I figured it out: while perusing through an old tape of mine from 2005, I heard the exact same music used in an old ThermaSpa hot tub commercial. Production music sure does get around.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A little bit back, I mentioned the Liberty Mutual commercial where there was a couple walking around not looking at the camera until the very end, making the commercial come off creepy. Obviously, I forgot to mention a second version of the same commercial was made where they actually stand still and look at the camera. That's the more common one, actually. It's still condescending, yes. Their ads are annoying as heck, and I hate the fact they took them off TVTropes's Horrible page.

Also, I gotta admit...why do kid's toys commercials have to be so annoying?

WOW! It's like someone made a more obnoxious and more obvious a commercial character roll call than Pokemon Rap.

Then there's some commercial for some trick throwing softball with someone so loud and obnoxious a pitchman (no pun intended), that it would wake Billy Mays from the dead to say "HEY! COOL IT! NO ONE NEEDS TO SELL ANYTHING THAT LOUDLY!!!!"

Sure, not my demographic. I should watch my Harvey beaks and Uncle Grandpas online to avoid these.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And actually, to make it worse, they're already wearing it out on TV now. I mean, seriously, I've seen this same commercial like half a dozen times in just the past couple of hours or so.