Jim Henson's Death

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Today, I will be doing a sort of fan fiction that revolves around Jim Henson's death. It is going to be May 15, 1990, and the Muppets will be filming The Jim Henson Hour. Don't worry, I know that The Jim Henson Hour already stopped at this time, so don't get annoyed at me for saying incorrect Muppet facts. Anyway, here is chapter 1:

It was May 15, 1990. Kermit the Frog got up that morning, and shut off his alarm clock, because it was being extra annoying today. He got up out of bed, and ate breakfast. But, of course, when the other Muppets heard that Kermit was eating, they decided to eat too. Now, on every other day, he would have let all the Muppets join him. Today, he only allowed Clifford, Bean Bunny, Gonzo, Leon, and the rest of The Jim Henson Hour Muppets to the table. Why? Because, today he was filming The Secrets of The Muppets episode of The Jim Henson Hour.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

On the set, Kermit saw Jim Henson and said, " Hi-ho, Jim! Are you ready to pretend that I'm in your hand?" Jim responded, " Well, you see....oh, never mind."

Jim called out, " Ready to shoot our first scene, Jojo?" Jojo was a new Muppet dog hired for this episode. Jojo said, " Whatever you say, boss!" Jim took that as a yes. So, they shot that scene. In fact, they shot all the scenes for that episode that day.

When they were finished, Jim rushed to the director and said, " Um, I don't feel good. Is it okay if I miss work tomorrow?" Jim never missed work, so this was a shock to all The Muppets.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .

Kermit got home that night. First, he called Fozzie to tell him Jim was missing work the next day tomorrow. He responded with, " Oh, no. That's terrible! He never misses work! "

Next, he called Miss Piggy. She responded with, " Oh no! How will we live on?! Wait a second, who's Jim Henson again?"

The next day, Kermit remembered that it was May 16, 1990. He went to work that day. There was nobody there! Everybody told him the night before that Jim was in the hospital, and wanted to visit him. He forgot.

So, he went to the hospital, and the nurse called out, " I have some news for Mr. Kermit the Frog!" Kermit then went up to the nurse only to find her say, " All the Muppets have told me to say to you that unfortunately, Jim Henson died today, at the age of fifty-three." Kermit just sat there, and he started to cry. So, did the rest of the Muppets. They just sat there crying..

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Here is chapter 2 of this story:

The nurse came back to Kermit and said, " Wait, you can't leave! Before Jim Henson died, he said he wanted me to leave this letter to you and The Muppets!!" Kermit took the letter. It was for his children, and him, Fozzie, and everybody else. It read:

I'm not at all afraid of the thought of death, and in many ways, look forward to it with much curiosity and interest. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of my friends who've gone on ahead of me, and I'll be waiting there to say hi to those of you [ who] are still back [ here].
Since I consider death a rather joyous step forward into the next stage of things, I'd like to lay out a few thoughts as to what might happen when I leave this place.
I suggest first that you have a nice, friendly little service of some kind, hopefully using the talents of some of the good people who have worked with me over the years. It would be nice if Richard Hunt, if he's still around, would talk and emcee the thing. It would be lovely if some of the people who sing would do a song or two, some of which should be quite happy and joyful. It would be nice if some of my close friends would say a few nice, happy words about how much we enjoyed doing this stuff together- and it would be good to have some religious person read a few quotes by some of the great teachers to remind us how this is all part of what is meant to be.
Incidentally, I'd love to have a Dixieland band play at this function and end with a rousing version of " Saints."
Have a wonderful time in life, everybody. It feels strange writing this kind of thing while I'm still alive, but it wouldn't be easy to do after I go.
With all my love to you all, Jim
So, the Muppets planned a nice little memorial service to honor the life of Jim Henson, and include all of his plans. It's what Jim would have wanted.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Here I go with Chapter 3 of my little story I'm making, brought to you by MuppetLuver2000 liking this story ( you, my friend, might get an exclusive chapter). Okay, here it is:

Kermit was running the memorial, as he had with The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, and sometimes even Sesame Street.
The first act today was Sesame Street's Big Bird coming and singing, " Being Green."
He sang the song normally, like this:

It's not easy bein' green,
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves,
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold, or something much more colorful like that.
It's not easy being green, it seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things,
And people tend to pass you over because you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the sky.
But green's the color of spring,
And green can be cool and friendly-like,
And green can be big like a mountain,
Or important like a river,
Or tall like a tree.
If green is all there is to be, it can make you wonder why, but why wonder, why wonder, I'm green and it'll do fine.
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Big Bird did wonderful, don't get me wrong, but Big Bird was trying so hard not to cry. And, at the end of the song, he looked up at the sky, crying, saying, " Thank you, Jim," then walked away.
When CNN interviewed Big Bird in 1999, he said, " Somehow, I almost made through it," and then Kermit sat there, crying for the 2nd time.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
this is so sad! What is it with me and reading sad stuff? Good story!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Wait, no, now it'll be tomorrow. I've been getting really :sleep: lately, and I haven't been able to finish the fourth chapter! I'll definitely get it done soon, if I don't tomorrow.