Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while now: What is the most annoying animated TV series ever? What's the show that is just intolerable, unbearable and obnoxious all the way through? And it doesn't necessarily have to be anything current. I'll be expecially interested to hear what both Drtooth and D'Snowth have to say. For me, it is undoubtedly The Brak Show. Brak's voice is unbearably annoying and the writing is completely inane and without any redeeming value--just like the whole show.
yeah brak was annoying as heck
he was like nails to a chalkboard

mr3urious

Reaction score
I DID like George Lopez, though... but mainly because of him and his mother. And the episode where he has the Jetsons nightmare was awesome.
That and when George knocked out his deadbeat father (who also turned out to be rich) when he had the gall to insult his mother.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
"So we're doing live-action shows now?"
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.* Mine is Big Bang Theory. I have Asperger's, which is a mild form of autism (man, I'm airing out all my demons in this thread, aren't I?). Well, I had a therapist one time who suggested I watch BBT because 'there was a very strong possibility' that the characters on that show had Asperger's. All I can say is if that's ture, then BBT is a big insult to those with Asperger's. The characters on that show are rude and obnoxious and frankly much lower on the autism spectrum than Asperger's.

*Don't think that I'm succumbing to the inclusion of live-action shows on this thread with a smile on my face, because I am in fact FURIOUS with the blatent disregard for the criteria set for this thread by ME.​
Now that you mention it, The Big Bang Theory is my family's favourite American sitcom and used to nickname me Sheldon because I shared some similar traits to him. At first I didn't mind, but then I realised that the character was just another really bad interpretation of what autistic people are by the media. (But shh, Sheldon's not really 'crazy', his mother had him tested! God, I hate that joke! -___-)

My family know I'm autistic, have spend time, money and effort to make sure I was comfortable, safe, independent, all the good stuff you're supposed to do when you are a parent. So, now, when they laugh at Sheldon's antics, I don't laugh along with them. It just really, really hurts.

And seriously?! A therapist said that?! Oh, wait, let me guess. They were neurotypical?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Big Bang seems to be very polarizing. I don't quite understand why. It's not bad by any means... a little overrated and killing Community's ratings (I HATE that they're opposite each other).

Anyway, if I didn't say it before, I'll say it again. Two and a Half Men. Now, I liked the Charlie Sheen era (but am not compelled to watch reruns), and even near the end of his run, you could tell the show needed to end like 2 seasons ago. And frankly, now more than ever, the show is just... terrible. I'll admit, turning Ashton Kutcher's character away from being some lame RomCom show protagonist was a plus, but then they're trying too hard to give him all of Charlie's old "Allen is a freeloader" jokes. And everyone except Allen is a poor man's expy of an actor that went crazy and left the show. They even have an unfunny Jake expy now. And without even being passive aggressive about his "finding of religion." And worst of all, it turned into "The Let's Dump On Allen Show." And no one even likes it anymore. It's just on.

How bad was the reception for the Michael J Fox show to get canceled for getting ratings worse than Two and a Half Men? Seriously?!

Smorgasbord

Reaction score
"So we're doing live-action shows now?"​
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.* Mine is Big Bang Theory. I have Asperger's, which is a mild form of autism (man, I'm airing out all my demons in this thread, aren't I?). Well, I had a therapist one time who suggested I watch BBT because 'there was a very strong possibility' that the characters on that show had Asperger's. All I can say is if that's ture, then BBT is a big insult to those with Asperger's. The characters on that show are rude and obnoxious and frankly much lower on the autism spectrum than Asperger's.​
*Don't think that I'm succumbing to the inclusion of live-action shows on this thread with a smile on my face, because I am in fact FURIOUS with the blatent disregard for the criteria set for this thread by ME.​
As somebody who has a very science orientated life, it bugs the **** out of me. I know there are little one liners and such that are put in there for those who have a higher IQ than their target audience, but it makes all scientists and people who play games, watch star trek, etc, look like they can all be stereotyped into groups. It's just such a bad show, with literally no story in any of the episodes. It also insulted people to get laughs, by placing people with these stereotypical traits that people seem to find funny (i.e. not being able to talk to girls).

One of the most annoying shows I can think of has to be 'friends', it is the must unfunny, pointless show I have ever watched; I don't think I've ever laughed at an episode. I enjoyed the spin off, 'Joey', though, as it was basically Matt LeBlanc playing himself; a rich, self-centered actor, and the characters seemed to bounce off each other. Whereas in friends it often felt like they were just making people date for want of a better plot, with every possible match up happening in the series.

Princeton

Reaction score
IMO, "Fairly Oddparents" is the ultimate missed opportunity. When I first heard about the Vicky character, I was really excited to see the twist on the 'teenage babysitter' archetype. What I got instead was just over-the-top and mean for mean's sake, which is also how I can sum up Timmy's parents. It would have been better if they went in the direction of the Dexter's Laboratory parents where their negligence is charming.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
IMO, "Fairly Oddparents" is the ultimate missed opportunity. When I first heard about the Vicky character, I was really excited to see the twist on the 'teenage babysitter' archetype. What I got instead was just over-the-top and mean for mean's sake, which is also how I can sum up Timmy's parents. It would have been better if they went in the direction of the Dexter's Laboratory parents where their negligence is charming.
Definitely! I just find the show super annoying. The voices are bad, the characters are worse, and the jokes are so dumb. It's nickelodeon at their worst.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... I actually expect someone to say "Annoying Orange," but that seems redundant. Though he is more unintentionally annoying than anything.

OH! And speaking of idiotic fruit that doesn't shut up... one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen? Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. You think you hate Spongebob? (I don't, but somma you do) Try an even more obnoxious ripoff that the network forced down your throat worse than Nickelodeon did with Spongebob, and it failed. The characters are all stolen (except there are 2 Patricks now), and other than an almost creative reality warping variation, it was BEGGING a lawsuit. The jokes were unfunny and predictable, and overall it was an ugly, horrid, unfunny, unoriginal Spongebob wanna be that even the bootlegged Smongebop Spongepants Taiwanese lead paint covered toys at the dollar store (the bad kind where nothing actually is a dollar) looked legit by comparison.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
You know... I actually expect someone to say "Annoying Orange," but that seems redundant. Though he is more unintentionally annoying than anything.
That show sucks big time. Big time rush is another terrible one. Sam and cat. Austin and ally.