Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

mr3urious

Reaction score
OH! And speaking of idiotic fruit that doesn't shut up... one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen? Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. You think you hate Spongebob? (I don't, but somma you do) Try an even more obnoxious ripoff that the network forced down your throat worse than Nickelodeon did with Spongebob, and it failed. The characters are all stolen (except there are 2 Patricks now), and other than an almost creative reality warping variation, it was BEGGING a lawsuit. The jokes were unfunny and predictable, and overall it was an ugly, horrid, unfunny, unoriginal Spongebob wanna be that even the bootlegged Smongebop Spongepants Taiwanese lead paint covered toys at the dollar store (the bad kind where nothing actually is a dollar) looked legit by comparison.
I think Coconut Fred was also the only role that Rob Paulsen truly regretted.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's shows like that and Loonatics that make me realize why they wanted to get rid of Kid's WB so eagerly. Meanwhile, the selling off to 4Kids pretty much killed Spectacular Spider-Man. So, yeah... aside from the watch dog crap, I'd say that show has a little piece of blame for that, too. Such terrible decisions those last few years.

mr3urious

Reaction score
As explained on another thread, Breadwinners is another show I find annoying. I've seen only a couple of episodes, and I'm not convinced. It's just random for the sake of random, unlike the more coherent Uncle Grandpa which at least has fun with its randomness and animation. The numerous parental bonuses in the latter show also don't hurt.

I've seen a review of a more recent episode where one of the main characters pretty much tries to date rape a duck he's in love with via a "love potion bread", and it just convinced me even less. And remember, this is the same network that greenlit this Internet short at the expense of promising pilots such as Constant Payne, The Modifyers, and Adventure Time (though I'm glad the latter was picked up by CN).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt it's going to last no matter what. It's a Nicktoon. Other than TMNT, I haven't seen one manage to get treated well by the network in the past several years, almost a decade. And that's only because they sank a crapload of money into TMNT, the toys are selling very well, and kids really love these guys. They're even cooling off on Spongebob recently. So no worries there.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I doubt it's going to last no matter what. It's a Nicktoon. Other than TMNT, I haven't seen one manage to get treated well by the network in the past several years, almost a decade.
Which is why I'm still worried about Sanjay & Craig, despite getting renewed for another season. Its gross-out humor is hit and miss, but it does have some really heartwarming moments to balance it out. There was even a tribute to Double Dare in a more recent episode that managed to get Marc Summers and Harvey to reprise their roles! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've stopped getting attached when Catscratched was thrown under the bus. I made the mistake of getting into Monsters Vs Aliens (at least Dreamworks could have overpowered Nick), and that turned out well.

Now to tie this back into the thread and continue this train of thought, what's the deal with that stupid show about the African American Ghost family with the White family moving into their house? Not only was it almost exactly ripped from an SNL skit making fun of how terrible these shows are (I'm sure you can find "My Mother is a Korean Water Ghost" on their website), but it just goes to prove they're shoving all their eggs into the crappy live action series basket. And then making people LOVE that basket. Or else.

At least TMNT has job security... at least if they can differentiate between the animated series and the movie like in the 80's/90's and not make everything cling hopelessly to the film, like the 2k7 one. Which was good, but still...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay. Get ready for this one. I think I caught one of the prime examples of absolute garbage- and I want to use a certain word that rhymes with fit, as in the fit of rage I experienced catching some of it- but can't use that term here. Anyway it was the most prime example of pure, unadulterated garbage that I can't even begin to call it annoying so much as soul crushing, and quite possibly one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life in the field of animation, if you can call it that.

WILD GRINDERZZZZZ!

Okay... I TOTALLY owe Rocket Power an apology. That was the less cynical, abusively X-TREEEEEEEEEEEME Totally Radical toy selling series. WOW! I haven't seen a toy commercial show that blunt and pandering, ever. Street Sharks is better. Heck, Bratz wasn't as cynical hard sell. There is NOTHING redeeming about this series. Nothing at all!

Where to begin? The characters are the flattest, most unlikable, most stereotypical things in animation. Of course, they have to have a stereotype Street gangsta type that's actually quite offensive. There's an emo kid that sounds like an old Jewish woman (poor Cam Clarke getting roped into this thing, you can tell he's not having any fun) And that Dog... THAT DOG!!! It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And he farts! Unironically. GAWD! They make you want to reach into the television set and strangle them. They're that freaking awful. And the character designs... I've seen horrible CGI that looked like a freaking Impressionist painting compared to that. The flash is also awful. Not the worst, actually, but still ugly.

To say the attempts at story and humor, and essentially anything basic to a kid's cartoon are feeble. I mean, there's humor in Johnny Test occasionally. And YES... Johnny Test is comparatively Animaniacs on their best episode. THAT"S how bad this thing is. You just get farting dogs talking slang (like an old white person) and the emo kid reminding us that he's emo... oh and "I got sand in my underwear." Yok yok yok! And from the plot of the series I got, they want to skate on everywhere and everything. Including (and this is the DUMBEST thing I've seen unironically used in a cartoon series) converting skateboards into surfboards so they can skate at sea.

I'll let that sink in...

They put SKATES on SURFBOARDS so they can SKATE the OCEAN, unironical about how completely pointless and useless it is. Yep. It's that kind of show. And it doesn't even come off as cool so much as stupid. And guess how much of this I endured? Like 4 minutes before I found what I did with the remote. You see I had Nicktoons on (I got cable now, by the way... no XD or Hub, but EVERY Nickelodeon network) and was cleaning at the time, had to dig frantically for it. There was also an element of "this can't possibly be this bad," but I would have turned it off after 5 seconds (where I confirmed it couldn't possibly be that bad. it's FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR worse than that), if I didn't stupidly bury it under a pile of stuff unintentionally (I thought I had it on the desk).

And I know what you're thinking. This is a kid's cartoon to sell toys. Yeah, so isn't Transformers. A series that began in 1984, racked up 5 (with a 6th on the way) Western series, 10 Anime series (4 of which were dubbed in the US, 3 of them just got released on DVD), 5 movies, countless comic books (too lazy to count them), and only had temporary lulls in popularity. It's a cultural phenomenon, and while it had its off moments (the Unicron Trilogy is the only thing the fans all agree that sucked), it always managed to be fun. Wild Grinders has crappy toys (the kind of skateboard figures you could get as Happy Meal Toys), and an even crappier cartoon. Making something crappy and saying "aw, it's for kids" is like making one of those lame parody movies, putting the worst effort into it and saying "Aw, it wasn't meant to win awards." Suck is still suck.

I mean, I have found redeeming values in even the most hated of cartoons. Loonatics actually had some good episodes and concepts second season, for example. But this is...well... think of something AVGN said about a video game. That wouldn't begin to describe it. There are probably worse cartoons, but I can't think of any right now. Not even Yo Yogi. And that's BAD.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Tuff puppy is pretty terrible. I hate all of those shows. My siblings watch them and they give me a headache

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but at least with T.U.F.F. Puppy, there's a level of effort in the writing. Butch Hartman shows are loud and frantic with questionable character choices that get a huge love/hate thing going. Danny Phantom is pretty much the highest quality of those series, or at least one you can watch at a moderate volume after a hangover. Sure, these shows may be obnoxious, but at least they worked at making them that way. They think it's funny, at least they're pleasing themselves. Wyld Gryindahzzzzz is the most effortless, terrible thing I've seen in a long time. Perhaps ever. I'd say this smacks of old white guys in a boardroom, but even that's giving it too much credit. It exists to A) sell pretty lousy toys, and B) exploit the non-existant fame of some F-list Reality star guy. I can't imagine anyone getting any enjoyment on it on any level.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Okay... I TOTALLY owe Rocket Power an apology. That was the less cynical, abusively X-TREEEEEEEEEEEME Totally Radical toy selling series. WOW! I haven't seen a toy commercial show that blunt and pandering, ever. Street Sharks is better. Heck, Bratz wasn't as cynical hard sell. There is NOTHING redeeming about this series. Nothing at all!
I do like RP for Sam and the character development he receives along with his athletic development, as well as Ray and Tito. And Twister to a lesser extent.

I mean, I have found redeeming values in even the most hated of cartoons. Loonatics actually had some good episodes and concepts second season, for example. But this is...well... think of something AVGN said about a video game. That wouldn't begin to describe it. There are probably worse cartoons, but I can't think of any right now. Not even Yo Yogi. And that's BAD.
I hope TheMysteriousMrEnter looks at this someday, along with Loonatics, 'cause this looks real awful. He tackled Johnny Test, Breadwinners, and several bad SpongeBob episodes before, so this looks right up his alley.