Remembering Jane Henson (1934-2013)

beaker

Reaction score
Jane Henson was a great woman, wife of Jim Henson and mother of the five Henson children. I pray for the Henson kids who now have lost both of their parents. God will be there for you Brian, Cheryl, Lisa, John and Heather Henson.

So Jane will be up in heaven now to be with her husband again and the people who were with Jim Henson's company like Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl and Will Lee who played Mr Hooper.

Even though Jane Henson is gone forever her spirit will live on in this and she'll never be dead in my heart.

Jane Henson did so much for the Muppets. It was her who helped her husband Jim Henson build up the company. It was her who hired Muppeteer Steve Whitemire to be part of the Jim Henson Company and it was Jane Henson by Jim Henson's side till the time of his death in 1990.

We will always remember you rest in peace Jane Henson!
LOVE ALL THESE PHOTOS!!! Gah, totally filling me with goosebumps and teary eyed ness. Thank you!

Also I LOVED the way they dressed back in the 50's. So much hip!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I am deeply heartbroken by the loss of Jane Henson, the mother of the Henson family. I am feeling sad for the loss. I thought, "Oh, for goodness sakes no, not Jane." I haven't even met her.

Collgoff, the photos you posted into this thread gave me the goosebumps. I caanot describe how much I feel about right now, but rest in peace, Jane. You will be sadly missed. :frown:

CristianReyes

Reaction score
... thanks for all those days of laughs. Have a good trip... we'll see you soon Jane :')

Hayley B

Reaction score
Heard the news just as soon as I got on Facebook. R.I.P Jane Henson.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
It's such a shame to lose her, in spite of it being expected. Her pioneering collaboration with Jim and her efforts to keep his legacy alive will never be forgotten.

fufumuppet

Reaction score
I am so very sad for the loss of Jane Henson but it is good that she is reunited with all of the other Muppet people. R.I.P. :sympathy: :jim::cry::jim:

theSHE124

Reaction score
This may well be my 200th post, so I guess this is the perfect time to post. Anyway, I feel sorry that Ms. Heather lost her mother today. :frown::sigh: I met up with Ms. Heather back in the Center of Puppetry Arts 5 years ago. I'm glad that Jane Henson contributed to her husband and the Muppets much more than being a 'co-founder'. (And yes, I finally got to see a photo with her grandchildren! I used to wonder about that...:confused: )

So I'll be watching this thread. I too can't wait to see all the tributes that will come! Preferably drawings! :dreamy: And one more thing: Happy Autism Awareness Day, everyone!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just got the bad news, I was about to sign in on my email and then I seen the headline and gasped. Very sad day indeed. All my prayers for Jane and to The Henson Family.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is sad news.

I've spent the last few minutes watching episodes of Sam and Friends on YouTube. I'm thinking about watching some of the Sesame Street video releases that credit her as a performer.