1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Remembering Jane Henson (1934-2013)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We just received word that the lovely and talented Jane Henson has passed away. :cry:

Prayers and thoughts are being lifted up for the family especially Jim and Jane's five children: Brian, Cheryl, Lisa, John and Heather. The original 1960's Muppeteers Jim, Jane, Jerry (Juhl), Jerry (Nelson) and Don Sahlin are all together again. Many other beloved family and friends are now reunited as well.

Jane, our lives are better for knowing you and we're deeply blessed by the love and laughter you shared with the world for so many years.

Please share your Jane Henson memories and tributes below. Love the people in your life. Our time on this earth is shorter than we all realize. Every day is a gift.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jane Henson with her children and grandchildren, 2008.
    Front Row (l to r) Declan Finn, Julian Otis, Amelia Henson, Elizabeth Finn, Virginia Otis, Sydney Henson, Katrina Henson, Dashiell Connery, Mia Sara.
    Back row (l to r) Edward Finn, Cheryl Henson, Dave Pressler, Lisa Henson, Jane Henson, Heather Henson, Gyongyi Katonah, John Henson, Brian Henson.

[​IMG]
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

No words can describe the sadness we must be feeling right now. :cry:

[​IMG]
    RIP Jane Henson
    1934-2013​
  3. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

We'll miss her. What a life, what a legend.
    Can we get some kind of confirmation?
  4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry:
    She will be missed throughout our memories forever.

R.I.P Jane Henson
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I was so hoping I was about to read another (albeit cruel) April Fools Day thread, but I guess not.

What a sad loss, I guess her cancer must have been really severe, seems like she was just diagnosed with it, and she's already gone.

Hopefully, she and Jim will be reunited now.
  6. FrackleFan2012

I agree with D'Snowth. Now, Jim and Jane will see their parents, Jerry Juhl, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Nelson again. Looking at that thread makes me feel that we're losing a lot of Henson people. :cry:
  7. MrBloogarFoobly

Yes, we have lost a lot of Henson people as of late. They are all aging. The next generation is stepping up. At least the Muppets are in capable hands (or on capable hands :p)
  8. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Wait! wha-?!!! Jane died?!!!
  9. FrackleFan2012

Sadly, yes. :cry:
  10. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Mm. That's pretty heavy stuff right there. I am sure this is a very complicated time for the family right now. :(
  11. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

My condolences to the family, may she rest in peace, i ask that us as muppet fans not jump to the Henson Kids facebook pages yet, lets give them time with family
    DannyRWW, Muppet fan 123 and Phillip like this.
  12. MrBloogarFoobly

This, one hundred times over! Heather Henson had to leave her Facebook account because of the bombardment of well-wishers. Let them have peace.
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

agreed again, this is a sad time for family, friends, and fans she was a big part of the Puppetry world and will be missed, but we are fans and while we may mean well in the end it can get overwhelming
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

15. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Very sad to hear this. I haven't been on the forum in a while (still haven't changed my avatar and signature from Jerry's passing) and I've been kind of moving away from the Muppets fandom lately (Doctor Who fandom kinda took over) but I did hear about her cancer diagnosis and was very concerned. I am very sad to read this today but also glad that she and Jim are together again. My prayers go out to the Henson family and friends of the family as they battle with a tough and somewhat unexpected loss.
  16. zns

zns Well-Known Member

She will be greatly missed. Had it not been for her contribution to Jim and the Muppets, there is no telling what we would have now. It is also because of Jane that Jim's legacy has been kept alive so well and vivid in the last 23 years since her husband's passing. This is a sad day for Muppet fans everywhere. :jim::jim::jim:
  17. KingR76

KingR76 Active Member

Sad beyond words.
  18. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Now you & Jim are together again. R.I.P. Jane. My condolences to the Henson family.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  19. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

words can't describe how sad i'am about this RIP Jane Henson
  20. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear of her passing. Her legacy, as well as Jim's, and all the other people who worked on the Muppets in their early days, will live on forever.