Sesame Street Alphabet Stickers(1981)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Interesting that this has Deena but not Pearl. Something tells me that Deena might have made many appearances without Pearl. Deena appears without Pearl in the "Big Hello 1-20" segment (Brian Meehl was performing Barkley in that segment), the 40th anniversary book has a photo of Brian Meehl right-handing Deena so Pearl wouldn't have been in that scene, and there is a cast photo that has Deena and no Pearl.

I wonder if this sticker set is documented on the Muppet Wiki.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Interesting that this has Deena but not Pearl. Something tells me that Deena might have made many appearances without Pearl. Deena appears without Pearl in the "Big Hello 1-20" segment (Brian Meehl was performing Barkley in that segment), the 40th anniversary book has a photo of Brian Meehl right-handing Deena so Pearl wouldn't have been in that scene, and there is a cast photo that has Deena and no Pearl.
Well, there's only so much comedic potential Pearl could have without Deena; Pearl's the straight man after all. Deena could play off of many other characters, Pearl probably not so much. We haven't seen any English bits of the two, but it still seems Pearl doesn't have that much in the way of having a clear distinction from being a Bert clone.