Dealing with depression and anxiety

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Bob, please tell me you've applied for on-campus living next semester. Get the frog out of that house and do it ASAP.

Re: birthday. Leave the house early. Stay gone all day. Text your mom something like "out for birthday, have fun at your whatever event. Am fine. Love, blah." Make it clear your life is YOUR life and do it soon. It's the only way to stop a parasite like that. Sorry, but she is, even if she doesn't mean to be. You will not be healthy & happy until you separate fully from her. This is not cold advice, this is advice from someone who's seen that kind of parent nearly wreck the life of a dear friend.

Move out, even if you can only do it for the school term. If you have money saved, put it toward that. Even dorm life is waaaaay better than that.
-------------

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
-----------
Bob, please tell me you've applied for on-campus living next semester. Get the frog out of that house and do it ASAP.

Re: birthday. Leave the house early. Stay gone all day. Text your mom something like "out for birthday, have fun at your whatever event. Am fine. Love, blah." Make it clear your life is YOUR life and do it soon. It's the only way to stop a parasite like that. Sorry, but she is, even if she doesn't mean to be. You will not be healthy & happy until you separate fully from her. This is not cold advice, this is advice from someone who's seen that kind of parent nearly wreck the life of a dear friend.

Move out, even if you can only do it for the school term. If you have money saved, put it toward that. Even dorm life is waaaaay better than that.
-------------
Well that's kind of thing. There's no campus living, it's a community college. I can tell you though that once next semester starts, I'm applying to transfer to a new school. I know you've had a front row seat to my mother's craziness and she means well, it's just now that I am home she's having a bit of a hard time letting go (or, in my case, a really hard time letting go). But if I have the option between graduating with an Associates and having to work low-end minimum wage jobs for the rest of my life of heading out for two more years to get a Bachelor's and really do something with my life. Well... I'm going with the latter.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's been a sad and lonely afternoon for me. The rest of the weekend won't be any better.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm already down about things this month...I should have an optimistic attitude but I'm always the type to prepare for the worst. :frown:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Feeling depressed, unmotivated, tired and anxious and I have no idea why.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Feeling depressed, unmotivated, tired and anxious and I have no idea why.
It happens to everyone at some point. My advice would be to find something to occupy your mind. Something that you love to do. Then your negative feelings will leave. And if you're tired, maybe it's best to take a short nap.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sorry Mayhem. Those days tend to happen sometimes. Hopefully you can just hide away with a nice book or something until the feeling passes. Quiet time always helps me.