The 86th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Did we even have the Abby balloon last year? I forgot. I completely doubt we'll see the Super Grover balloon ever again. That's retired.
You know I can't recall ethier, I think we did because I can remember the Today Show people talking about Abby, but again I may be wrong.
So who has had a ballon? Elmo?? I dont't think I have ever seen that one. Abby I have seen, Big Bird, but that was a long long time ago, and then Super Grover. Out of them all i like the Big Bird one and the Grover one. I would love to see Oscar get a Macy ballon that would be a lot of groch!

SSLFan

Reaction score
In light of the recent events surrounding Big Bird, having his balloon appear would be EPIC.

And though the chance of this happening are one in a trillion, a balloon of The Count would be a fitting tribute to his departed original performer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So who has had a ballon? Elmo?? I dont't think I have ever seen that one. Abby I have seen, Big Bird, but that was a long long time ago, and then Super Grover. Out of them all i like the Big Bird one and the Grover one. I would love to see Oscar get a Macy ballon that would be a lot of groch!

Big Bird, Super Grover, and Abby are the only ones to ever have a Balloon in the Macy's Parade.

Elmo has never had a balloon.

So think about it this way.... Super Grover was chosen over Elmo for a parade balloon.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Elmo might not be appearing on this year's thanksgiving. Since Kevin Clash has resigned from Sesame Street and The Jim Henson Company.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Elmo might not be appearing on this year's thanksgiving. Since Kevin Clash has resigned from Sesame Street and The Jim Henson Company.
Elmo will definately appear. It's just he may not have a speaking role in whatever song they sing. Plus, he's still their most popular character.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
In light of the recent events surrounding Big Bird, having his balloon appear would be EPIC.

And though the chance of this happening are one in a trillion, a balloon of The Count would be a fitting tribute to his departed original performer.
Yeah, Jerry Nelson. I miss him so much.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather an Optimus Prime, though. Didn't they have Mr. Potatohead at one point? he's my favorite Hasbro toy. But I hate that Nintendo sponsors a Pikachu balloon instead of a Super Mario one. I'm glad Sega brought Sonic back. But for a while, all the balloons were C-list corporate mascots (Cheese-a-saurus Rex, anyone?)... seems they've stepped off on that, and we're getting cartoon characters. Current ones, but we're getting cartoons back. I'm surprised that Marvel/Disney didn't bring Spider-Man back. And I miss the Scooby-Doo one. What, they used that once?
Yeah. That's been a disappointment. I wish they'd bring Scooby back or even other Warner Bros. characters. (No. I didn't make a mistake there. Warner Bros. does indeed own Scooby and all of the Hanna Barbera franchise.)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I was just going to ask about that. I was wondering if they'd have someone else perform :laugh: for that appearance or if he'd just be appearing with the other characters and not having any lines. I guess we'll see what happens.​
Sorry to double post there.

wiley207

Reaction score
Not to mention that at some point where they had the Big Bird Balloon they used the 90's end theme.
Believe it or not, they STILL use the 1992-2006 Sesame Street closing theme whenever announcing the Sesame Street float. I guess they had no idea that the credits theme has been replaced since 2007...
I also recall when they have the Pikachu balloon, they use the old 1998 Pokemon theme (instrumental, of course.) Pokemon has had tons of theme songs over the years, but I imagine they went with the 1998 theme because that's what most people were familiar with (I seem to recall it being a hit single as well!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Elmo will definately appear. It's just he may not have a speaking role in whatever song they sing. Plus, he's still their most popular character.
I'm pretty sure the song is prerecorded. Elmo probably will still have his line in thee because they recorded it prior.

I also recall when they have the Pikachu balloon, they use the old 1998 Pokemon theme (instrumental, of course.) Pokemon has had tons of theme songs over the years, but I imagine they went with the 1998 theme because that's what most people were familiar with (I seem to recall it being a hit single as well!)
It's too iconic to the franchise to have anything else. Yet, you'd think that Sonic would have his classic Sonic 1+ 2 game opening music. At least it isn't "Gotta Go Fast."

Status
Not open for further replies.