Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well I will say that's not just the prequels. That's sadly the style right now which is why Hollywood is in big trouble.

Only with bad directors. That was the main problem of the completely screwed up Last Airbender movie. For someone who claimed their a fan, they forgot the show had moments of lightness to it. Everyone in the film acts like someone just died in front of their eyes for 90 minutes. The film was basically a Harmony Gold dub of the cartoon series. Harmony Gold, you see, would shove entire anime series into 80 minute DTV movies and link everything together with tedious long narration to connect all the plot holes that cutting a TV series to 90 minutes causes. And it wouldn't have been so bad if M. Night Shabbadoo gave the film to someone who knew how to direct an action film... or someone who knew how to direct period.

Serious acting doesn't call for wooden directing. There are some parts of the original movie that seem to run the gamut from wooden to hammy, but they found a balance as the series progressed. But even when it was like that, it wasn't quite as obvious. The movies still had an amount of fun to them, and that could be overlooked. Long tedious bits of plot expo, wooden acting and cheesy lines stick out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Only with bad directors.
I'm willing to believe that. There are many actors that I always dismissed as hopeless until I saw them in a movie that was actually well executed, then I was shocked to see they did know how to act! Lol

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I don't understand why there's controversy. Disney has handled the Muppets fairly well. Obviously, I have my reservations, but that new movie of there's worked out pretty ok. :wink:

No one can screw up Star Wars better than George Lucas. Anyone remember the Star Wars Christmas Special? Remember the re-releases of Star Wars? Remember Star Wars, Episodes I, II, and III? Remember Hayden Chrstiansan as Darth Vader?!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hayden Chistiansan as Darth vader?!?! "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Drtooth

Reaction score
No one can screw up Star Wars better than George Lucas. Anyone remember the Star Wars Christmas Special?

To be fair, he absolutely hated that one. And for the guy behind Jar Jar Binks to hate something, you KNOW something's terrible. And the worst part is, it's all in canon.

That said, it's not the only dopey Star Wars related thing that Lucas hated. This one he didn't even create...Jaxxon The green Bugs Bunny knockoff. So, things aren't always so great outside his hands, either.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm totally not happy about the next film now:

They're planning to bring back Darth Vader instead of giving us an actual story.

Yeah, the character had a face heel turn that was integral to the ending of the franchise. To essentially turn it into a revenge plot movie actually sounds worse than anything Lucas ever did.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't understand why there's controversy. Disney has handled the Muppets fairly well.
But what if Episode 7 is there way of throwing something out there just to put something out there, ala, MWoO rather than their putting something out there from love and passion ala The Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
But what if Episode 7 is there way of throwing something out there just to put something out there, ala, MWoO rather than their putting something out there from love and passion ala The Muppets?
MwoO was done under Henson. Possibly rushed out by Disney, but completely conceived under the original parent company.

Wait. How is Darth Vader coming back? He died already!
Exactly. There's no reason for him to come back. Coming back from the dead? There's a reasonable doubt there. But coming back from the dead after a face heel turn to become a bad guy again? That's just ... well... dumb. Unless it's someone taking on the mantle of Darth Vader, which still makes no sense. And they're getting the original cast back? They're kinda... well... old. That never goes well. There are hundreds of stories that can be told after the fall of the empire. Retelling the same story isn't needed.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don't blame Disney for wanting Vader back in the mix. He's so iconic! They'll probably have Yoda there too in some sort of astral-projection sense in keeping with the cannon.

If this is true and they do bring back Darth Vader, I doubt it will be Anakin. A new sith will likely be donning the suit and maybe the name. Heck, it could even end up being Luke! That kind of makes the most sense considering the connection and any fan of the Batman Animated Series can attest to how wonderful Hamil can be as a villain. He's a jedi and such a calling is likely to be a tough and lonely one for anyone. Heck, maybe he watched the Christmas special. That could turn someone to the dark side. I'm not saying this is the case, but it makes sense. I'm game for something creative like that. Something that gets the original cast in the mix. It's a better direction than they took the prequel trilogy. The best way this is done is to take a bit from what came before to launch things into a new direction.

This is and always has been a space soap opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.