Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squigiman

Reaction score
I was listening to Muppet Central Radio, again, during the time of tribute to Jerry, and since then, as well, when it struck me that there might be a way to stream it to mobile devices, like my iPhone. I looked for Live 365, and found the app and the station on there. Just wondering one thing, though. How does it choose the artwork for the songs?

I feel there's usually an appropriate image on the site in the upper-left corner, for whatever's playing at any given time, whether a specific album cover, or a generic image related to the source, if it's not something commercially released. However, on the app, I get odd stuff, like some dude's face, and it says "GONZOE", with a Parental Advisory sticker, for the redone "I'm Going To Go Back There Some Day", rather than the Muppets From Space soundtrack cover. I also once got something apparently by someone called Elmo, but certainly not a cute, furry, little red monster.

It's not a big deal, but I do find it oddly distracting when such images come up when I'm listening and driving. Thanks for any clarification and/or follow-up.

-Squigiman

Vincent L

Reaction score
The album cover on the mobile app is served by Live365, and the version on the site is served by Muppet Central. Live365 usually serves The Wrong Version.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was listening to Muppet Central Radio, again, during the time of tribute to Jerry, and since then, as well, when it struck me that there might be a way to stream it to mobile devices, like my iPhone. I looked for Live 365, and found the app and the station on there. Just wondering one thing, though. How does it choose the artwork for the songs?

I feel there's usually an appropriate image on the site in the upper-left corner, for whatever's playing at any given time, whether a specific album cover, or a generic image related to the source, if it's not something commercially released. However, on the app, I get odd stuff, like some dude's face, and it says "GONZOE", with a Parental Advisory sticker, for the redone "I'm Going To Go Back There Some Day", rather than the Muppets From Space soundtrack cover. I also once got something apparently by someone called Elmo, but certainly not a cute, furry, little red monster.

It's not a big deal, but I do find it oddly distracting when such images come up when I'm listening and driving. Thanks for any clarification and/or follow-up.

-Squigiman
This is Phil's explanation for it from a few pages back:

Without getting too technical, the album covers displayed on MuppetCentral.com are directly streamed by us matching up exactly with the album covers being played.

The covers shown through a Live365 enabled player are pulled directly from Amazon's database at Live365's discretion. This logic tries to find the closest matching cover, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but it's something we have limited control over when we're broadcasting live.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. That's too bad. It's really off and off-putting. Too bad it can't come from the same source that this site uses.

-Squigiman

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love Muppet Central Radio. I just heard "The Clown In Me" from Mr. Rogers. I love Mr. Rogers but why did you add him to Muppet Central Radio? He is not a Muppet. Thanks. No big deal I enjoyed hearing it but just don't understand how it fits with the theme of the station.
When Fred Rogers passed away in 2003 we saw a huge response from fans and we began playing his music on Muppet Central Radio at that time. For any child who grew up in the 70's and 80's Sesame Street and Mister Rogers went hand-in-hand. The programs complimented each other beautifully and most Sesame Street fans were also Mister Rogers fans. Everyone enjoyed the music so much on MC Radio that many asked if it could stay and that's why it's continued to this day.

Here's a Mister Rogers tribute from Muppet fans back in 2003...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/fred_rogers.shtml

SesameFever

Reaction score
I understand now. Thanks for all your help. That is a great idea. Keep it going.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Hard to believe Fred Rogers is no longer with us either despite it's been 9 years since he past. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but Tiny Planets doesn't belong on MCR. That's just how I feel after hearing it play a while ago.
If you're looking to add more CTW/SW-related programming songs, I'd much rather prefer hearing songs from either Encyclopedia, The Ghost of Faffner Hall, and/or Square One Television (especially their Carroway Street parody).

Just my two pennies worth. :frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You might want to erase the word Kermit at the end of "My Polliwog Ways - Kermit".

Vincent L

Reaction score
I thought Conga appeared on Sesame Street instead THS season 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.