Q&A/Info: The Creature Calamity Club (Revised)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The Creature Calamity Club is a role play game where participants play themselves, but as monsters or beings with supernatural powers.

People to contact:

Sarge
Grace
Hubert
Yuna

The CCC Wiki can be found here. This wiki gives details on the plots, characters, and profiles on the members. If you join the CCC, we ask that you create a page for yourself that describes what kind of monster you are and what your powers are. If you would rather not sign up, you can ask someone to make a page for you. You can get ideas on what to write by looking at the pages of other members (note: the wiki can be really slow at times. If you are having trouble getting to it, try using Firefox, or try again later).

Click here for the current roster.

===GUIDELINES===

We do not have many strict rules. However we do have a few guidelines to follow.

1. ALWAYS PM SOMEONE BEFORE JOINING. Please do not just randomly post in the CCC thread. We will have no idea what is going on and we will not be able to integrate you into the thread properly. Tell us what species of monster you are and give details on your powers.

2. This is not a game where you can act crazy all the time. Think of this as writing a story. Your posts should make logical sense and to be somewhat grounded in reality. If you want to post nonsensical things or something that is totally random all the time, there are other threads for that. Usually, we are involved in some kind of battle with other monsters or some other trouble. During this time, posts should make sense and should allow for other people to play off of it. Nothing kills the mood of an intense battle more than a random post about, say, turning into a rocketship and singing "Mary Had a Little Lamb." Now, when we are at home and not doing anything at all, that is when it is appropriate to post something goofy. For example, we frequently have Karaoke nights where we post song lyrics.

3.While we have no rules against being the same thing as someone else, we do encourage creativity when deciding on what monster you want to be. Please, no shapeshifters. It is one thing if your species of monster happens to be able to shapeshift into different related forms, but shapeshifting cannot be your main power. We already have one shapeshifter and this is more than enough. Our reasoning behind this is that shapeshifters, as a general rule, tend to be overpowered. Also, try to keep the number of powers you have limited. We really want to try to avoid people becoming too overpowered.

Note: Vincent is the only shapeshifter we are allowing. He can only turn into animals and sometimes muppets. We allowed him into the game before we decided against people being shapeshifters.

4. We post fast. You do not need to be as active as some of us are, but please join with the intent of posting. We do not expect anyone to read every single page. Someone will be more than happy to recap what you missed if you ask.

5. Do not force other people to do things they do not want to do. If someone does not want to be a werewolf, you cannot force the issue of them being a werewolf. You also cannot role play for them. Example, YOU can not type that other player does something. Players can only dictate their own actions.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I have a few questions/comments:

Once I figure out more on what I want my character to be like, I'll post a page on the wiki. it may be a few days though so I can get used to being a member of the CCC.

Also, is it okay to break the fourth wall or have sort of meta-situations? For example, my character could be a member of Muppet Central Forums? Would anything like that, despite not being ground in reality, work?

I have some ideas for the next few days concerning my character. Am I allowed to make it a surprise? Or do I need to message one of you the idea before I start? I would like to keep it as much a surprise as possible if I can.

I would like every member of the CCC to refer to me as Logan, or Banana as a nickname. Bananasketch doesn't quite sound right as a name, even if it is my username.

Lastly, I promise not to be so random as i was. As I already stated to you, I was confused on the guidelines and such and I thank you for clarifying.

Now, let's go kick some Scientists' butt!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Also, is it okay to break the fourth wall or have sort of meta-situations? For example, my character could be a member of Muppet Central Forums? Would anything like that, despite not being ground in reality, work?
I'm not quite sure what you mean....

I have some ideas for the next few days concerning my character. Am I allowed to make it a surprise? Or do I need to message one of you the idea before I start? I would like to keep it as much a surprise as possible if I can.
Thats fine. We just want people to give us an idea of what their character is about to start with

I would like every member of the CCC to refer to me as Logan, or Banana as a nickname. Bananasketch doesn't quite sound right as a name, even if it is my username.
You can be called whatever you want

Vincent L

Reaction score
The only Muppet I can turn into is Robin, and mainly just for jokes.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean....
"Breaking the fourth wall" is a term that essentially means acknowledging that this is just a story. It's used in fiction when a character speaks directly to the audience or acknowledging they are part of a work of fiction.

For example, yesterday my character opened a hole in the wall, a secret entrance of some sort. I then later stated that -since you were opening a vortex- the entrance was nothing but a foreshadowing of a future storyline. By stating that, I briefly acknowledged that we were part of a story.

Now, another example would be if my character had a laptop and visited Muppet Central and the CCC thread regularly. Again, acknowledging I am in a story.

All I wanted to know was if it was okay to do that every now and then.

Vincent L

Reaction score
It's ok, as long as you add "OOC" in front of the statement.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
OOC means out of character, so thats not really what he is asking. Um...I think might be stretching it and you should avoid doing that...

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't think that's what he means, Vincent. He's wondering if he can occasionally make one-liners and stuff in character referencing the fact that he's in a story. On which I give my stamp of approval, for what it's worth. In fact, I've done that a few times myself. It's a fun little twist, as long as you don't go too out of hand with it.

EDIT: I was ziffeled...but just to clarify, I think that he just means little one-liners and such. I mean, I see no issue with making a quick joke or reference to that fact, as long as you aren't constantly doing it.