How to begin building a Miss Piggy Replica?

MuppetsandMe

Reaction score
Hey guys! If you guys havnt read my newbie speech (SO inspirational!) I am planning on starting a Miss Piggy replica. Right now I am stuck. Where I live you can't just get a block of styro foam for some reason. I've tried messing with bits of styro foam I found but as expected it just doesn't work. I want to make the perfect Piggy to sit in my room and show you guys. This is my first muppet I am attempting.. I know she is hard to start with.. I just wanna know what I can use for the skull of Piggy.. That's affordable. I was thinking clay but wouldn't that just harden then crack ? Help guys! Thanks... Much appreciated, I just really want a couple of muppets in my life lol!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Good luck with that.She is difficult to make.Her head isnt styro foam.It is a more softer foam like rubber foam, which is why she breaks down fairly quickly.As for clay, are you going to use that to make a sculpt to make a mold from to do a foam pour?That should work.Maybe contact member Keermit here on this forum for advice as he has made a spot on Miss Piggy.

MuppetsandMe

Reaction score
Well I want piggy reasonably convincing.. I want her to use her as a puppet.. Clay doesnt help that. I will contact him his work is amazing ! Thanks for the reply.

muppetperson

Reaction score
So it sounds to me like you were thinking of using clay as the final product, which obviously wont work due to the weight and solidness.the clay sculpt is only to get a shape and then you would have to cast from it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Good luck with however you decide to make her. Like muppetperson said she is a very hard character to make.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am with the majority here. Clay is NOT a good option for the head. If you are planning to use her as a puppet, the clay will harden, and you won't be able to move the mouth. And I agree with MP about the weight being a problem too. Good Luck!

-MB

dwmckim

Reaction score
I am with the majority here. Clay is NOT a good option for the head. If you are planning to use her as a puppet, the clay will harden, and you won't be able to move the mouth. And I agree with MP about the weight being a problem too.
:sing:: Just the idea of doing a replica of the pork princess will mean you'll have a weight problem.

catherine

Reaction score
ohh a pork princess, don't let her see that bit on here, she might do that karate chop on you, lol.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Mine (in my avatar pic) was made of foam and then covered in antron fleece. You could also take one of the old FP puppets and cover the face with flocking. It's the perfect mold!