Muppet Convention

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
In all seriousness I do believe in having it in a small place. It's sort of we need to start small to work our way to big cities like NYC. And I say not so much CA cause CA gets enough goodies as it is. XP

bandit

Reaction score
o.o I was just trying to pump up the competative spirit! Buuuuuut....Since you're going to take it seriously...

I don't disagree. And REALLY, if I'm honest even I would have to agree that a small and centralized location is best. I just wish Mississippi would be it because it IS close to home but I know that's not fair to the rest of you who are not.

Buzzkill.

bandit

Reaction score
Oh is that what that was? 9.9 *rereads*

Hahaha JK I know I know. But I felt I needed to throw that in before people think too badly of our play fighting. Sometimes text just doesn't translate sarcasm or silliness especially well.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay back on topic here Lol! I don't know what we can do being that many of us live in different parts of the country and even world but I'm all for it.

bandit

Reaction score
And you know, if bringing everyone to one place is too hard, you can always do east side/ west side. Since they will start small, that could work initially.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
No offense to anyone living on the west coast but the west coast gets the best as is. Lol!

Borples

Reaction score
How about if you make a short list of possible sites for this thing--Greenville, Baltimore (is it Baltimore or elsewhere in MD?), maybe Atlanta? Because of the Center for Puppetry Arts or whatever they call it? And then assign each location to one (willng and enthusiastic) person to research? They could look into venues, hotels, even possible city cooperation. Then when we have all the facts, it might be that one location is the obvious right choice. If not, we can do a poll or something.

If we do that, we should get someone here, who is both a good writer and familiar with cons in general, to create a pitch letter to the city governments. Sell them on the idea.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
That is a great idea...I think we can narrow down to two or three locations, write each city a letter and see who is interested (Just a letter to see if there is an interest). We can also write to henson company as well and disney, etc; to see if they are interested in partici[ating in some way. I also think we need to form an adhoc comitee and elect a chairman if we are serious about even exploring this. (I don't know if I used the word adhoc correctly but it sounded muppety)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how small starting out are we talking? Like just maybe have it at a hall of some kind? I do say we maybe start with a poll. I mean if we're really serious about this then I say first decide which location is best and go from there.