New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There is no completion timeline or release date, folks. There has just been conjecture from the writers about what Disney prefers and wild assumptions from MC forum members.

1. What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film? The plot really is just a device for Muppet madness so it really doesn't matter much to me. However, I would like to see more bits about the Muppets' lives inside and outside of the theater in a way we haven't experienced before. I'd love to see how they fit in with the neighbors. LOL! But that's really all anecdotal. Not really a movie plot point.
  2. What characters would you like to see have the leading roles? I'd like to see less of the Kermit & Miss Piggy relationship dynamic of the last film because it's always present anyway and they already recently and wonderfully explored that. I'd like to see more Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Rizzo and Pepe.
  3. Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters? I think a human villain with a Muppet henchman is the proven way to go. Charles Grodin would be great, but unlikely. His complaint about the last film offer was that the small cameo wasn't worth the trip. Maybe a juicier role would grab his attention.
  4. Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie? Johnny, Sal, Robin, Bean and Clueless Morgan. What ever happened to Seymour? I'd like to see more Seymour! Wocka Wocka! Van Neuter would be nice too.
  5. What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie? Whatever the music style, I'd like to see the Muppets perform the numbers instead of human cast and backup dancers. Go for the dazzling and spectacular numbers like "Couldn't We Ride", "The First Time It Happens" , "Hey a Movie", "The Magic Store" "Together Again" or Miss Piggy's water ballet from GMC. I can't think of a better company than Disney to produce a Muppet musical number. Come on, go for it! And more Electric Mayhem, please. Their lack of musical presence in TM was an absurdity in an otherwise fine film.
Just my thoughts. I think they should really go for the gusto in this new movie. Lavish musical numbers in a film that hits more exciting tones than the somber ones of the last film. Those things have been dealt with. The Muppets are back and back together again so the conflict should arise elsewhere.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film? The plot really is just a device for Muppet madness so it really doesn't matter much to me. However, I would like to see some of the Muppets life inside and outside of the theater in a way we haven't experienced before. I'd love to see how they fit in with the neighbors. LOL! But that's really all anecdotal. Not really a movie plot point.
I really like that idea as something for the next movie to include. I think an underrated part of the Muppet humor is how they interact with "regular people" in the "real world". It doesn't have to be the focus of the movie, but I'd like to see some Muppet boarding house settings in the next movie.

Avilos

Reaction score
I am going to be a wise ***...

It should start with Walter reading internet info about the new movie. He would worry about every little thing he sees. In fact maybe he should interrupt the plot and appear on screen anytime he does not like something to explain mistakes. :wink:

Serious ideas...(actually I think Walter as a fanboy critic could really work in small doses)

Characters - I would like to see more of Rowlf, Rizzo, and Pepe

I think a road trip, travelogue would be fun. It could be a "Muppets on Tour" type of thing. Almost with elements of The Beatles' A Hard Days Night and This is Spinal Tap. That would be the frame work but a lot could happen within it. Different locations, states and countries. New small characters and cameos. With a subplot of someone following them or something.

zoebell

Reaction score
that's an interesting idea. muppets on tour- that might be kinda cool

i have to disagree on the kermit/piggy thing- i think that relationship is absolutely essential to the series. i kinda think the way they got away from that a bit in the 90s contributed some to their fade in popularity, even. so i really think that needs to stay (that was a significant point of every single movie in the original trilogy, remember)

i like the idea of a female villain. or maybe no villain, i liked how MTM managed to not have one at all and still be good

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm gonna disagree as well because Kermit/Piggy's dynamic is a lot of what keeps the muppets going I don't care whether people agree or not even critics have said that their relationship is an essential part of the muppets success. Jason Segal even said the one thing he wanted to do in bringing back the muppets was to bring Kermit and Piggy back together. I want to see more of that developed in the next movie. But I don't want it to be silly. I want their relationship to be a little more mature.

Avilos

Reaction score
I would agree with no villain as well. The Muppets are not Superheroes... And before anyone suggests that idea... NO WAY! Not every story needs a "good guy" vs "bad guy". Conflict and challenges exist in other ways.

Kermit and Piggy's relationship is probably the most famous aspect of the Muppets. Even during the years it was downplayed in the actual productions, Kermit and Piggy were always asked about the other in solo tv appearances. By interviewers who were likely just vaguely familiar with the Muppets. Their relationship needs to be present.

What would they be called in "brangelina" speak? They predate all these current famous Hollywood couples!!!

KERMIGGY?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Trust me I could make a whole entire thread just on Kermit/Piggy interviews that they've done since before/after the movie came out. Steve and Eric have def taken the relationship into a more concrete level IMO. Steve I think was tired of down playing the whole are they together are they not. Kermit has said in every single interview since the movie came out that they're indeed in a relationship which to me is a great new fresh start. And gives us what most of us wanted to hear from Kermit that they're dating. And this time its been consistent. I think this is the new route they're gonna take from now on. Even Jim and Frank said at one time the attraction and the dynamic of Kermit/Piggy is part of the essence of the muppets.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy's relationship is probably the most famous aspect of the Muppets. Even during the years it was downplayed in the actual productions, Kermit and Piggy were always asked about the other in solo tv appearances. By interviewers who were likely just vaguely familiar with the Muppets. Their relationship needs to be present.

What would they be called in "brangelina" speak? They predate all these current famous Hollywood couples!!!

KERMIGGY?
If I could like this 20 times I would. LOL!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I like Avilos idea. Muppets on the Road kinda thing would be a lot of fun. Enough to get me to buy a ticket right now for it

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I would agree with no villain as well. The Muppets are not Superheroes... And before anyone suggests that idea... NO WAY! Not every story needs a "good guy" vs "bad guy". Conflict and challenges exist in other ways.

KERMIGGY?
You are exactly right. :smile: Other than Muppets From Space, Kermit and Piggy's relationship always has been, always will be and always should be a part of the Muppets. It just don't think it needs to be the main thing in this or every project. I'd like to see the ensemble cast take precedence over the pig and frog love story. Again, it's always there anyway and it certainly won't be ignored. It was covered so poignantly in the last film and I'd kind of like to see that settle before they make it a particular focal point again. It's the Muppet Show, not the Kermit & Piggy Show. That's all I'm sayin'. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.