Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade March 24

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's right you quoted what now inactive frogboy4 last said in post number 46 above but you didn't say anything in comment about it at all. Not even an emoticon.

Very witty humour Snowth. The Invisible Man.:big_grin::laugh:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I mean your completely blank post.
Right, I was connected through a machine at the gym which has internet access, and I was trying to post something, but the machine that I was on wouldn't let me. I completely forgot about that.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I still don't get the ignore feature. What's the point?
I for one, will not ignore anyone becuase then the forum becomes much emptier. What if I ignore someone who has a thread that is the most popular thread in the forum. Like for example "The What Made You Smile Today Thread".
And what if someone I ignore quotes my post? I won't see that either?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well most people shouldn't need to be ignored by you. But if for any reason a person is really impossible for you to get along with it is recommended that you ignore them so you don't get into any stressful arguments. I know that really shouldn't happen but sometimes you have problems with people on forums just like in real life.

I assume that you will still be able to see threads those ignored have started. Their own posts will just be invisible and you are able to still see individual posts they've made if you feel you really need to know what they've said even if you are not on interaction terms with them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still don't get the ignore feature. What's the point?
Kind of like what Marty said, if there are particular members here who you just don't get along with, or you would rather do without putting up with, by ignoring them, you don't have read through their posts or anything, and are basically no longer a concern to you.

I hate to admit it, but I for one, am glad the ignore feature is back; even though there were really only two or three people on it to begin with, unfortunately, they're people who I would gladly rather not have anything to do with.

Lynnette

Reaction score
It all looks good! Well done!

I am wondering why it says I'm a new member when I've participated for years. Did it all reset with the upgrade?

Thanks!
Lynnette

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am wondering why it says I'm a new member when I've participated for years. Did it all reset with the upgrade?
Last May we moved to a new software platform for the forum. The first time you login to the new software it recognizes you as your first login. A little later the software updates itself recognizing your original account creation date. Right now it shows your title as "member" which is correct.

Thanks for the continued support.

Lynnette

Reaction score
Last May we moved to a new software platform for the forum. The first time you login to the new software it recognizes you as your first login. A little later the software updates itself recognizing your original account creation date. Right now it shows your title as "member" which is correct.

Thanks for the continued support.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply!