Boston/Cambridge area Muppet Movie Screenings April 20

WalkingEye

Reaction score
Hey folks,

The weekend of April 20th the Brattle theater in Harvard square is having Muppet Madness! They will be showing a bunch of Muppet/Henson movies including a triple feature of the muppet movie, the great muppet caper and muppets take manhatten.

Here's a link to all the details:
http://brattlefilm.org/category/calendar-2/repertory-series/muppet-madness/

Hope to see some of you there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to go to one of those, but I can't make up my mind of which one I want to see... the Triple Bill of all three movies? The New Movie on a double bill with Being Elmo? The Labyrinth/Dark Crystal showing? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get all 3 of them...

WalkingEye

Reaction score
Yeah deciding which showing to go to is tough. I'm leaning toward the triple feature as I haven't seen the great muppet caper in twenty years. I'm thinking about bringing my Kermit replica with me! I'd love to see the dark crystal/labyrinth double feature but I have to work that day.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Agreed, there's just something extra special about seeing the originals on the big screen. :smile:

It'd be cool to see Being Elmo in a theatre, but I've been watching it a lot on Netflix lately. I'd only attend that screening to share in the audience reaction; I wonder who else would cry during the making time for my daughter, Make a Wish, friendship with Jim, and other emotional segments? :wink:

WalkingEye

Reaction score
I think I should mention that the Brattle is a small independant theater. As in a proper theater (think the muppet theater) that has a screen on the stage. Not a big huge multiplex cinema with the giant screen or that kind of atmosphere. It's actually a pretty cool place! I saw a showing of ghostbusters there a while back and someone in line was handing out marshmallows and spoons of fluff. there is usually a great crowd.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I think I should mention that the Brattle is a small independant theater. As in a proper theater (think the muppet theater) that has a screen on the stage. Not a big huge multiplex cinema with the giant screen or that kind of atmosphere. It's actually a pretty cool place! I saw a showing of ghostbusters there a while back and someone in line was handing out marshmallows and spoons of fluff. there is usually a great crowd.
Sounds like an amazing place! I want to go there even more!