Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. It seems like they had the same concerns about Rowlf since he was rarely used after Henson's death and when he was seen he wouldn't seen. It was said that this was done out of respect to Henson, but it's good to see him coming back into the spotlight as well.
Among other things, I keep hearing complaints that Rowlf sounds a bit too much like Bobo, even though Bobo's voice WAS (this is from Baretta himself... I think he said it in a tough Pigs interview) a tribute to Jim's. You are seeing more of him now that he's officially recast, and I'm glad that we are. Rowlf and Scooter were always sort of main characters... they were main enough to be Muppet Babies.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Among other things, I keep hearing complaints that Rowlf sounds a bit too much like Bobo, even though Bobo's voice WAS (this is from Baretta himself... I think he said it in a tough Pigs interview) a tribute to Jim's. You are seeing more of him now that he's officially recast, and I'm glad that we are. Rowlf and Scooter were always sort of main characters... they were main enough to be Muppet Babies.
Yeah, Scooter was definitely a main character on TMS itself, and he really got a boost from the cold openings in seasons 2-4 as well.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Yeah, Scooter was definitely a main character on TMS itself, and he really got a boost from the cold openings in seasons 2-4 as well.
Those were really funny! But really, Scooter's a great character and I'm glad we're seeing more of him. This might help get rid of the disrespect.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Those were really funny! But really, Scooter's a great character and I'm glad we're seeing more of him. This might help get rid of the disrespect.
I should hope so. I cast Scooter as Argyle, the limo driver, in my Muppets/ Die Hard fan fic which I plan to write sometime...at some point.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day of a character that kind of reminded me of Scooter. The 1982 film My Favorite Year about the makings of a comedy TV show in the 1950s. The main character is a young junior writer on the team who is given all the unglamorous jobs like bringing the coffee and occasionally messes up, yet also has a certain wry confidence and humor about him. That's Muppet Show Scooter to me, he's sort of sitting back and watching all the insanity of the grown up world and knows the score even better than the adults do, lol.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I admit that I didn't have too many feelings about Scooter one way or the other when I was younger. I liked him well enough, but he wasn't my fav or anything. However, I've come to like him more in recent years, and he had one of my favorite lines in a Muppet movie *ever* in "Great Muppet Caper" when he says that his luggage got sucked out of the plane and luckily his radio is frozen to his wrist. I crack up every time. XD It's good to see him returning to prominence, and David Rudman seems to be doing a promising job!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Scooter is my little Boy's favorite Muppet! So much, that I'm going to (soon) be making him a homemade Scooter plushie or Muppet! Haven't decided that yet.

Having said that, it was never my impression that Scooter was ignored, imo, he was featured just as much as any of the main characters on the show, as well as in the movies. Though I can see the impression of him being overlooked or ignored since the 90's (of course he's been back for a while in the most recent Muppet productions).

Scooter is fantastic!! Don't feel too bad Kermit. :wink:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Haven't been here for a while. Just re-asserting my love for the go-fer.:wink:
Blessings ya'll, continue to gush, he deserves it.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Darn right he does! I saw the new movie for the first time in an advance screening on Sunday and loved it! Listened to the soundtrack 5 times now as well. The film opens here in the UK today and I'm going for my second viewing in a couple hours :smile:

Also, I don't why it's taken me this long to post a pic but this shirt finally arrived in the mail for me a couple weeks ago. I first wore it on Sunday and I shall be wearing it to each viewing of the film :wink: