Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I was at the Disney Store at the Polaris Mall in Columbus, Ohio today and they had almost nothing. If you wanted Fozzie they had you covered. TONS of him! Other than that, one Gonzo and and some of the shirts and mugs and things. I went in looking for Walter and maybe Kermit, so that was kind of disappointing. I ordered Walt online while I still had the chance...

Puckrox

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I want one of those Gonzo mugs so badly. Are they sold on the internet?

I just checked. Apparently not. Curses.

jrxing

Reaction score
I know I don't get why they r on the uk site &I not ours. I really wanted one too!

Drtooth

Reaction score

Again, a very small selection of Muppet merch, although I am happy to report that there was a tad bit more variety in the plushies section (Oy, muppet dude who liked Animal! Here's some plushies for you!). Also, yes, my heart almost stopped when I saw that Beaker plushie, haha. I had one ordered from Ebay and already shipped or else I would have bought it immediately. :big_grin:
Mine was even smaller than that, had only a few hoodies and like one Fozzie and One Rizzo. And I'm shocked there was even a Rizzo, since when I went before Christmas, they didn't have him.

Meanwhile Cars 2 stuff was like 3 of those top shelves full on every side of that cubical, all stacked on top of each other. And Cars is their anchor Pixar franchise.

Carl23

Reaction score
I know I don't get why they r on the uk site &I not ours. I really wanted one too!
The UK Disney Store is a completly different company. (Sorry about this) Back when TRON merch was hitting, the UK got TONS of DS exclusives, and it was asked if the US Disney Stores would eventually get them and the answer was No, because it is a completly different entity owned by the same Partner company. HOPEFULLY they've figured it out by now, and at least some of that stuff will become availiable over here, because their website shows a bunch of other stuff including a Plush Swedish Chef.

Drtooth

Reaction score
None of that stuff makes me want to kick over a small garbage can and shout, DARNIT!, though. It's some nice stuff, but I don't see the Chef plush there, and it looks like most of the plush is the same anyway other than that. I'm certain we'll see a lot more stuff come out to co-incide with the DVD's. I mean, I was there yesterday and saw a whole bunch of Lady and the Tramp stuff starting to be put out. And it's like tertiary characters from the "He's a Tramp" number.

Dude, if they think the Chihuahua that had like 1 line can be marketable, there's no reason not to make Uncle Deadly, The Chef, Bunsen, Scooter and Rowlf. :laugh:

For that matter, why did they have the background giraffes from Lion King? They had a whole wall of those clearing out. :rolleyes:

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I wish the uk disneystore shipped to the us bc there is tons of muppets stuff I want from the uk site

beaker

Reaction score
I still don't get what the excitement is about. Aside from the few plushes, the rest is just the usual tacky throwaway "muppet merch" theyve had for a couple years. The cartoonish shirt is pretty cool tho. Trust me, the Disney park stores have infinitely cooler merchandise.

I spent almost an hour on the phone today with WDW merchandise mail order

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just excited about the plush... I could care less about anything else. I LOVE my Pepe... I wish I had the money to get the whole set when they finally reorder them. At least Animal, Beaker, Rizzo and Walter.