Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Ok I'm new here, so if this has been anccered, sorry, but has any one made a custom Skeeter puppet Yet? I'm curently working on geting the money to have one made for myself. Sence no one else will, maybe it's up to us to bring her to life. A puppet can't live till someone picks it up.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Ok I'm new here, so if this has been anccered, sorry, but has any one made a custom Skeeter puppet Yet? I'm curently working on geting the money to have one made for myself. Sence no one else will, maybe it's up to us to bring her to life. A puppet can't live till someone picks it up.
Maybe thats where the problem lies...most Muppets came out of a performance...some work and some don't (and we never see them again) FOr Skeeter it would be a case of doing this backwards...the character already exsist but in a different format. Thsi might cause disney and the Muppets to be reluctant to shoehorn a performer into a character that never exsisted as a puppet before. That being said I have two daughters and they notice that their are not many girl muppets. I think Skeeter would be huge hit if introduced as a Muppet. Thanks to the comic we have the ground work done already. Maybe she could pop up in the tales of a 6th grade muppet books or something...test the waters a bit

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
One more question--if the cancelled series Muppets High was further developed to the point where it eventually hit the airwaves, would Skeeter be present in the cast like she is in MB?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
One more question--if the cancelled series Muppets High was further developed to the point where it eventually hit the airwaves, would Skeeter be present in the cast like she is in MB?
If she was supposed to be the alethic one, then yeah.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The question is, would Muppet High been animated like Muppet Babies or would it have been a puppet production. I could see Skeeter as an animated character, sure... but let's say it was live action, I don't think she'd have a chance of being there. That project has too many unanswered questions, because it came up as a concept and some odd merchandise, but nothing else.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
With Disney's help, full-body shots look a lot better. You don't have the glaringly robotic animatronics from yesteryear.

Skeeter should come around when we can see her do stuff. Maybe not requiring CGI, but with the movie out, I have hope that Skeeter's schtick could be given some justice in a few more years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope whoever considers Skeeter read the Langridge books... Somehow, I'd just see them just slapping a wig on Scooter and calling it Skeeter.

You know, maybe it was for the best. I don't think anyone could have done adult Skeeter the justice Roger and Amy did. I'd LOVE to see that version of Skeeter in some new project.

Yeah! Muppets 2: the Search for Skeeter!

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ok, I love discussions like this, so prepare for two cents: Firstly, I can see why there is no Skeeter. She's the kind of a character that wouldn't sit well in the back row and would probably end up outshining a few others. She definitely brought out the mean, selfish side in Miss Piggy. And you have to remember that Miss Piggy's huge appeal now a days is that she's the dominant, fearless woman. Not sure where that goes when Tom-boyish Skeeter shows up. Also, that saddles Scooter with looking like a total nerd, which they were just finally beginning to fix. Muppet show Scooter =Richard Hunt's funny, ditzy, overeager go-fer, Muppet Babies Scooter = nerdy, super-genius under the shadow of twin sister. It's completely opinionated but I always though it really ruined the character. That being said, I loved Roger and Amy's arch. It was amazingly well done....but for a one-time project where your not sure how real it is. :big_grin: The parent's issue is an interesting one, I especially liked the fan-fic "Whatever Happened to Skeeter" for explaining that one.
Ok, that's all I got. I would love to see Skeeter back in more comic books, but unless Scooter becomes a really mainstream character or something, I think they'd better take one thing at a time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scooter was made the obligatory nerd character. Every 1980's show had one. I think they even turned Simon (of the Chipmunks) into a nerd in the 1980's series when he was just Alvin's more well behaved brother in The Alvin Show. I don't think he really talked that much or did all that much, but I haven't seen Alvin Show in years, so I can't back that up.

Skeeter was the obligatory sporty/athletic character... but I think that making her the twin of the nerd character balances it out in a way that makes it seem less like a forced trope and more like a sibling thing.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
We Got Us said:
Firstly, I can see why there is no Skeeter. She's the kind of a character that wouldn't sit well in the back row and would probably end up outshining a few others. She definitely brought out the mean, selfish side in Miss Piggy.
She risks outshining Piggy and Gonzo. However, there IS a sports-caster in TMS, so it's not hard to find her a niche where she can slide in and not step on too many toes. It's kind of like that question on the Mindset I read ages ago, like why is there Rowlf when there's Teeth ... and the thing is, they have different tastes. Gonzo is a daredevil with a penchant for including classical references. Skeeter's more of a regular athlete. Piggy is a fashion diva. I see Skeeter more as the solid frontier-type woman, who had to rake her own dirt and make it in life.

What would be nice, if she's ever included, is to imply that she is the reason Piggy could stand up to her frog for the first time in decades in Paris. It's not hard to imagine a frank "girl talk" scene where Skeeter says she was never really after Kermit, just wanting to get Piggy and Kermit to admit they loved one another (and tweaking Piggy was fun, heeheehee), and that Piggy is so quick to demand admiration from the fashion world but doesn't have the cajones to demand it of the one guy from whom she needs it most. Piggy and Skeeter finally drop the rival role (but could keep more playful versions) and learn to accept their common sense of inner strength.
Also, that saddles Scooter with looking like a total nerd, which they were just finally beginning to fix.
Even without Skeeter, they seem to have been moving into this direction anyway. Scooter has a laptop in LTS and he works for Google in the movie. They're clearly getting some MB inspiration for him. The great part is that you don't even really have to deal with Muppet Babies. We rarely saw him (did we at all?) in JHH or MT, but those were very techie-heavy things (in comparison to TMS, anyway). I can imagine Digit and Lindbergh teaching him a lot about electronic do-dads.