Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, which parodies would those be?

And c'mon, they had the Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledor AM's from A Magical Halloween Adventure back in 2004, you mean SST's passing on what could have been a great season finale before going to the Season 40 repeat repackaged episodes? *Shakes head.

BTW: I do have to give them points for throwing their SST spin on the Pandora's Lunchbox AFFS segment.
Reminds me of the Grim Adventures episode.

Oh ma gosh, I'm gonna miss me favorite TV show!
Is that the one with the little girl who romps through the jungle with a bunch of animal friends and no parental supervision?
Yeah, that's the one!
Then you'd better go or else you'll miss it!
*Runs away.
I bet Drtooth's the only one besides me who knows what the show Grim wanted to watch was.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
It's been ages since Bert & Ernie were in a street story (one reason why they're not featured very often could be that Steve lives in Georgia). Sesame Street posted previews of season 42 on their YouTube page.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I kinda feel like there's too many episodes focusing on their STEM curriculum. I want more episodes like the one with Maria becoming 123's new superintendent and the Ernie/Bert flood episode. Those sound like classic-style street stories that focus on other topics. It seems to be they have a little too much science. But, from the looks of it, it doesn't appear that there's any "Guessing Game"-type episodes. It doesn't seem like Season 36 overkill (how many times can you say that healthy foods and exercise are good for you?) and all the lessons seem unique from the other, but I feel like it's too much.

Also, so far, it looks like Zoe's only in one episode. And we usually see her alot. I still wish Prairie would get some exposure. They can resurrect the Two-Headed Monster for a couple of bits, but not Prairie?

TSSD

Reaction score
*Is angry... Just saw at Muppet Wiki that Episode 4181, titled Furry Potter, is nothing more than an excuse for teaching literacy instead of using it to their full parodical potential. Dang it Sesame! That's why Dinner Theater failed! You completely blow a chance to send up the boy wizard series for all your family-friendly and funny furry abilities? :grr: :grouchy:
Hopefully they at least show a scene or two of HP parodies, as Telly is reading the book.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
2 Headed Monster and Prarie should both be used more often. Far more often. I'm looking rather foward to what we have so far though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Er, which parodies would those be?
The Shape-o-bots episode, supposedly, is a parody of Transformers (according to the press release, but I don't know to what extent), and the other one was last season's A-Team.

I kinda feel like there's too many episodes focusing on their STEM curriculum. I want more episodes like the one with Maria becoming 123's new superintendent and the Ernie/Bert flood episode. Those sound like classic-style street stories that focus on other topics. It seems to be they have a little too much science. But, from the looks of it, it doesn't appear that there's any "Guessing Game"-type episodes. It doesn't seem like Season 36 overkill (how many times can you say that healthy foods and exercise are good for you?) and all the lessons seem unique from the other, but I feel like it's too much.
Anytime they do a focus, they completely and utterly milk it for all its worth. But the episodes don't all sound bad. I hate Guessing Game episodes, and I'm sure we'll see one of those later on in the season (take the sting out of it and make Guy Smiley host them, Sesame)... last season's over-reliance on that specific type of episode, especially the completely ruined Bert looks for pigeons episode, left a bad taste in my mouth. The this is this and that is that stuff is for shows like Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that.

Sesame wants to do too much with the little time frame (26 episodes of 50 minutes or less), and all the fun stuff keeps being put aside for trying to shove even more specific educational content. I swear, I hope all the Murray intros are as short as the Power Ball BTS footage we saw.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
On Muppet Wiki, all the titles for the new episodes are on. Some don't have descriptions though. The "season finale" called "Elmo Wants to Have a Ball", I have a feeling, may be the educational resource video "For Me, For You, For Later". Considering "Stupendous" is one of the new words of the day (the Stupendous Ball is the focus of the video).

It wouldn't surprise me; they did the same thing with their "Food for Thought" video last season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me; they did the same thing with their "Food for Thought" video last season.
Oh yeah. Sounds just right. They are pretty cheap with that crummy budget they got.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SS.org's completely updated their "On Air" section, with a new guide for Season 42 (and apparently the only one now). They have pages for all the episodes and video previews. I didn't see all of them, but it looks like Big Bird's prominent in at least 4 episodes. And poor Zoe. She seems to only have one.

And, my suspicions were right - "Elmo Wants a Ball" is the For Me, For You, For Later video.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some of these episodes really look great... especially Cast Iron Cooks, The Good Birds Club and Shape-o-bots (which I'm sure we'll wind up seeing again, as they built character variants for the transformed shapes...I don't need to tell you variants are constantly re-used) .

Unfortunately, the same segments sound like they're going to be on the show again. no surprise Count TV or Munchin Impossible... and worst of all, they still have EW stuck at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.