Spierigs OFF POTDC

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
What has happened to the Henson Company? How are they even staying afloat if they can't even start a single project?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What has happened to the Henson Company? How are they even staying afloat if they can't even start a single project?

I'd say DinoTrain. That seems to be giving it some funding.

Seems like the ONLY Henson projects come out in comic book form, unless it's a CGI cartoon show.

Among other things, Henson doesn't have a fraction of the money it would take to get ANY of the big projects off the ground, but they can't find a partner. I don't see why half the crap that gets made gets greenlit and funded, especially when half of it tanks badly.... but if we ever want to see any of these, Henson needs a long term deal. Even in the old days, they needed some backing. Henson and Columbia had a huge deal in the 80's... that's how we got so much off the ground. Even with Muppet Babies they made a deal with Marvel that was mutually beneficial (Marvel published the comics and provided the animation studio...)

They can't just get anything off by themselves unless it's a small project. Why they must focus on huge projects that may never be completed instead of something smaller with a smaller cult audience in mind is beyond me.

fozziecub10

Reaction score
there are many ways that this movie could get some good script ideas, there are lots of ways to tie in some of the original concepts. i think that they cant handle how difficult it was to make in the first place and panic.

Come on, get this off the ground please, do you want to hire me to write your script and a few other Dark Crystal fans who have a real love for it to input their ideas to come up with a movie the fans want and not tarnish the original. We will then worry about talking some rich people into funding it.

JMPrater

Reaction score
Henson is just inept and incapable. Period. End of debate. They have facebook pages, websites, and everything that seem to show that they know what they're doing but in the end, they have ZERO to show for it. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

Henson trying to make a Dark Crystal sequel is like an ant trying to paint the Mona Lisa. Comical just thinking about it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Henson is just inept and incapable. Period. End of debate. They have facebook pages, websites, and everything that seem to show that they know what they're doing but in the end, they have ZERO to show for it. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

Henson trying to make a Dark Crystal sequel is like an ant trying to paint the Mona Lisa. Comical just thinking about it.

Agreed.

I mean, Disney's at LEAST giving us a Muppet movie. Had Henson announced one, it would take twice as long to produce, and they'd give up half way. Henson's good at making stuff for other people or releasing their back projects (of course, with the help of Lionsgate, which hasn't actually done anything in over a year), but they need STRONG leadership and a strong partner. They had a weak partner, and it turned out terrible. I still think Wienstine just wanted the to keep making mediocre CGI parody fairy tales, and turned a blind eye to anything of value.

JMPrater

Reaction score
Just came back to see if there was any trickle of news. lolz.

robodog

Reaction score
The fact that there's probably not going to be a Fraggle Rock movie makes me incredibly sad. Fraggle Rock is one of the few things from my childhood I still have a great amount of affection for.
As for POTDC, I'd kind of like to see what Del Toro would do with the project. I really liked his work on Hellboy 2