"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That version didn't cut out the bit about the robot, did it? Or was it the full version... I didn't check it all the way.
Yes, the robot was there. What an 80's flashback...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
ah, him,

still i think your trying to piece together things that arnt meant to

i mean i like the robot but look wise the first thing that popped in my head was
R.O.B from super smash brothers. and a slightly bigger whitesh yellow W.A.L.L.E

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH!!! I think i wached this thing like 20 times now in the last 10mins! and PEPE was there when kermit said "I dont care what anybody says.." YES!!!! :smile: I posted on my site to and I told my gf, we're goin to see this TWICE at the movies...and I MAY a few times more with out her while shes at work! :smile:

YOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
...oh!, and there right...............THERES NO MOVIE LIKE A MUPPET MOVIE! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Fart Shoes
It's not the shoe joke in itself. I just have trouble hearing a Muppet say the word "fart". In 55 years no Muppet has ever had to say the word...ever! I would have been fine continuing that tradition. Otherwise it's a perfectly acceptable joke for Fozzie to strap whoopi-cushions to his feet. I hope they cut the word but keep the joke. Having Fozzie say, "Hey, check out my shoes!" and then walk around in them is much more funny than having to explain the joke by using the slang word. By the way, yes...Jim Henson's Rowlf the Dog did make a passing gas joke in the kennel of MTM so there is a precedent. Just a much more subtle one. /end fart shoe complaint with an easy edit

MWoO

Reaction score
I agree. The joke itself is fine. Had he called them whoopie shoes or just said look at my shoes or something it would have been better, but "fart shoes" is just a little too....bleh for Fozzie.

The trailer itself as a whole seemed all over the place. It wasn't as polished as the other parody trailers. The good thing is that you could tell they just grabbed clips from all over the place so there is still a good chance the movie itself will be more cohesive.

I was really hoping for less screaming and yelling muppets and more story. I still really want to see the movie though and see what it's really about. It still looks better than MFS.

Edit: I think the human interaction is going to be less than MCC, but more than MTM. There is clearly a subplot for the human cast, but I don;t think they are going to own the movie and I think they will always have a muppet, be it Walter or someone else. One thing MFS did right was it's balance of human interaction.

Slackbot

Reaction score
One gag about fart shoes won't ruin it for me, but I think "whoopee shoes" would be funnier, more in-character for Fozzie, and more Muppetty in general. It's nowhere near as bad as the nipple gag from MWoO, which honestly makes me cringe, but that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Fozzie say that line.

Frogster

Reaction score
When it's exactly 150 days until the movie shows, I'm going to start putting up 150 of the best sketches and songs from The Muppet Show on my facebook, one a day, all the way until the 23rd of November. If anyone wants to add me on facebook, just search my email: lucasbervin@yahoo.com and if you have any requests I'll be sure to try putting it up. Don't worry, thanks to youtube I'm sure I'll cover all the best bits.