So, What do you Think of THIS?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny thing... look at Ed, Edd, N' Eddy... Now, there was a show that premiered around the time Dexter and PPG ran the network... it was pretty underrated, little to no people heard of it... it was basically just there, and then, randomly, sometime in the early to mid 00's, several years being on and unnoticed, it became one of CN's most popular shows. They had merchandise almost 5-10 years after it premiered... I have the Ed sitting on a toilet racer.
Lol, I still have my foamy EEE keychain.

But I have to disagree somewhat, when I was a kid, EEE was already pretty big when it premiered, and it received quite a bit of hype beforehand (individual "Meet X", and all kinds of other promos and such), and when it finally came on, it was the talk among all the school and such.

But yeah, Dexter and PPG did 0wn3d the network then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then again, EE+E, other than stiff competition from the other CN shows, just didn't have much of a presence outside the show... maybe with the exception of DC comics' Cartoon Cartoon series. it was popular, but it wasn't exploding until a few years back. It was almost quietly sitting around while Dexter, PPG, and to an extent Johnny were making a lot more noise....

EE+E seems like it was the longest running CN show, considering... it's just weird it took so long to really get that big.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But then again, EE+E, other than stiff competition from the other CN shows, just didn't have much of a presence outside the show... maybe with the exception of DC comics' Cartoon Cartoon series. it was popular, but it wasn't exploding until a few years back. It was almost quietly sitting around while Dexter, PPG, and to an extent Johnny were making a lot more noise....
Oh, don't remind me... I was so upset when DC did that major overhaul years ago, and did away with the Cartoon Cartoons comics and brought out that horrible "CN Block Party" junk. Now you've made me wanna dive under my bed, and pull out my box of comic books and re-read all of them, lol.
EE+E seems like it was the longest running CN show, considering... it's just weird it took so long to really get that big.
Pretty much, I mean, there was that LOOOONG "hiatus" when right after the standard 4 season/52 episode contract was over, they decided to renew it for a fifth season, an additional one episode for a sixth season, and the movie... and EEE is actually done old-school style (hand-drawn, hand-animated, etc), so that took a while for them to start that production up all over again. There was like, what... a year and a half "hiatus" after the initial "final episode", and the new season? Production-wise, the show was in the works for ten years, but season-wise, just five and part of a six.

Funnily enough, fans of Courage begged CN for a fifth season of that show as well, and even though it was considered, due to the show's popularity, they decided not to. There WAS going to be a Courage movie too, at one point, but I don't believe that got past the planning stages.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, don't remind me... I was so upset when DC did that major overhaul years ago, and did away with the Cartoon Cartoons comics and brought out that horrible "CN Block Party" junk. Now you've made me wanna dive under my bed, and pull out my box of comic books and re-read all of them, lol.
I stopped collecting that because I kept missing out on the Space Ghost issues. Those were just amazing, and even better than the TV show, all done by the same writers and artists behind it. Especially after that abysmal first Space Ghost Coast to Coast comic done in the style of the show way back in CN presents.

I managed to get a couple here and there, but I really just didn't care. I missed the ONE time they published Chowder and got pretty ticked. That was the only one for a while that sold out. This being before the Muppet comics and I actually got comics within a week.