Custom Clothing for Photo Puppet Replicas?

generalFROSTY

Reaction score
Hello all, new here.
Just started collecting the MR replica pupptes (I just need to get Animal, which luckily is not that hard to find) but was wondering if anyone here knows someone who makes custom clothing to fit the MR line of muppet replicas? Specifically, I am looking for a new outfit to dress Gonzo in - maybe something like what we saw in Takes Manhatten or Caper.
I would also like to see a Luke Skywalker costume for Kermit and a Vader for Gonzo.
Any help here would be appreciated.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
toddler clothing might work i know i use 2t size for alot of my puppets

Dearth

Reaction score
toddler clothing might work i know i use 2t size for alot of my puppets
I know they've done Darth Vader Halloween costumes for young kids and even for DOGS, so surely you can find a tiny Vader outfit to fit Gonzo.

If you want to make your own "Dearth Nadir" costume from scratch, though, the box on his chest is an egg slicer painted black.

Alex

generalFROSTY

Reaction score
I am looking into having some custom fabric printed up to replicate the shirt Gonzo wore in "From Space" - this is the yellowish orange shirt with the funky pattern. If anyone is interested in this, I can offer some yards of the fabric once printed but will be up to you to get the shirt tailored - I will be sending my fabric off to Magnoli Clothiers - I have dealt with them before and as far as custom cotoure clothing, there are one of the best, and the owner has a passion for movie replica garments!
For right now, there are some sweater vests I am taking a look at online and looking into toddler suits. I've already removed the jacket and bow tie from Gonzo and already prefer the look better. While I appreciate the lineage of the tuxedo design, to me, Gonzo's look in the movies better suits the character.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I am looking into having some custom fabric printed up to replicate the shirt Gonzo wore in "From Space" - this is the yellowish orange shirt with the funky pattern. If anyone is interested in this, I can offer some yards of the fabric once printed but will be up to you to get the shirt tailored - I will be sending my fabric off to Magnoli Clothiers - I have dealt with them before and as far as custom cotoure clothing, there are one of the best, and the owner has a passion for movie replica garments!
For right now, there are some sweater vests I am taking a look at online and looking into toddler suits. I've already removed the jacket and bow tie from Gonzo and already prefer the look better. While I appreciate the lineage of the tuxedo design, to me, Gonzo's look in the movies better suits the character.
Be aware, especially if someone is making clothes from scratch, that Gonzo has really long arms and no shoulders. While a sweater vest can work (my Gonzo is wearing one), even that would have to be altered to fit correctly. Look carefully at pictures of him and you'll see what I'm talking about.

:stick_out_tongue:

generalFROSTY

Reaction score
Be aware, especially if someone is making clothes from scratch, that Gonzo has really long arms and no shoulders. While a sweater vest can work (my Gonzo is wearing one), even that would have to be altered to fit correctly. Look carefully at pictures of him and you'll see what I'm talking about.

:stick_out_tongue:
I'm well aware of Gonzo's strange proportions - I would send the existing garments to the tailor so that the new ones will be made to those specifications.

Wibble Nut

Reaction score

Have nearly finished a set of stormtrooper armour for my MR Kermit :stick_out_tongue:
Currently sculpting the 'buck' to vac-form his chest plate...
When I have finished Kermit I'll vac-form a second set and see how it fits on Gonzo!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
that is awesome...you should get into costuming for puppets

Wibble Nut

Reaction score
Was hoping to get him finished tomorrow, but have managed to catch a stinkin' cold :frown:

The plan is to have Kermit and Gonzo as Luke Skyhopper and Gon Zolo in Stormtrooper disguises, accompanying Animal as Chewbaccaargh! recreating the 'today's prisoner transfer was brought to you with the number 1138' scene :big_grin:

TikiColadas

Reaction score

Have nearly finished a set of stormtrooper armour for my MR Kermit :stick_out_tongue:
Currently sculpting the 'buck' to vac-form his chest plate...
When I have finished Kermit I'll vac-form a second set and see how it fits on Gonzo!
NICE!!!