The Muppets Should Host the 2012 Oscars

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the Oscars hosted by the Muppets alongside someone like Steve Martin.

As for Ricky Gervais, well it's amazing to me how thin-skinned many of the rich and famous people can be. Woah! What a whiner Robert Downey Jr. can be! Gervais wasn't kicking nuns or heckling school teachers. He was roasting people who make millions of dollars for a few weeks of work. And he was entertaining the viewers at home. If he'd have hosted the Oscars after his stint at the globes - - ratings would have spiked!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
If I can offer my (possibly controversial) feelings, I would personally LOVE to see "The Muppets" host the Oscars but I wouldn't wish to see "Disneys® The Muppets" do it. Now before everyone jumps on me and thinks I'm a Disney hater, I have a considerable amount of optimism for the new Muppet movie and I sincerely hope that Jason Segals passion for the old school Muppets comes through on that project and return them to their former glory. The Muppets I wouldn't like to see host the Oscars are the saccharine-soaked, tamed, dumbed down, kiddyfied, Disneyfied® interpretation of the Muppets of recent years. Jim Henson's Muppets were originally intended for both Children AND Adults alike and had a certain "edge" to them. To-date, Disney really do not seem to have grasped this concept and therefore, I personally feel that todays Muppets would not work very well on a predominantly adult show such as the Oscars. But that may be just me

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for Ricky Gervais, well it's amazing to me how thin-skinned many of the rich and famous people can be. Woah! What a whiner Robert Downey Jr. can be! Gervais wasn't kicking nuns or heckling school teachers. He was roasting people who make millions of dollars for a few weeks of work. And he was entertaining the viewers at home. If he'd have hosted the Oscars after his stint at the globes - - ratings would have spiked!
Exactly. And didn't Steve Martin get flack for calling Mickey Mouse the world's favorite black entertainer?

I think we should have an Oscars entirely hosted and presented by fictional characters.... Have Chewbacca and C3-PO come out at the beginning... then the Muppets hand out a couple awards or something... do that hologram bit they used to do and bring a couple cartoon characters up on stage. NO ONE wants to be the guy heckling Chewie or Kermit.