The Electric Company Season 3 begins February 7

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't miss all-new episodes of The Electric Company beginning February 7 on PBS Kids.

The iconic Emmy Award-winning series is back for its third consecutive season! The new season of The Electric Company is powering readers every weekday with new cast members, new adventures, new animations, new celebrity guests and a new math literacy curriculum!
Watch the shows and post your thoughts.

http://pbskids.org/electriccompany/#/Home/

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope they don't force teaching words in each show like season 2. Whenever they explain what a word means, it sounds so forced and unnatural.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It will also be interesting to see how the "new cast members" are received.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't really care for that either.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I watched the second new episode and I don't really care for the change in format they did. I don't see the point of the mummy and hamster introducing the segment breaks, when they have no connection to the actual characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I watched the second new episode and I don't really care for the change in format they did. I don't see the point of the mummy and hamster introducing the segment breaks, when they have no connection to the actual characters.
I saw one just yesterday. They defined words that I'm sure kids over the age of 2 know, the show ended like 10 minutes after it started and they filled the rest of the time with useless fake behind the scenes bits that did nothing for the educational content either way. And no more Jack Bowser? Look, I know the show's long gone, but that was one of the best segments.

However, I did like the Danny Rebus Super Spy and the Other guy segment... and the monster bit was cute when contained in its own special bit in the middle... but the show itself was disappointing. It had moments, though. But it needed a little more educational segments and less behind the scenes stuff.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The defining of words seems so forced, I don't like it at all. Also, I still don't like the introduction to segment breaks; it seems all the shows that have inserts like that are starting to do it (Like Between the Lions, which I saw last week and did not care for, and of course Sesame Street).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The defining of words seems so forced, I don't like it at all.
Seriously... Minute? Hour? Year? What kid doesn't know that already? I knew what those words were when I was 2.

I still don't like the introduction to segment breaks; it seems all the shows that have inserts like that are starting to do it (Like Between the Lions, which I saw last week and did not care for, and of course Sesame Street).
Yeah... I really didn't like when BTL's format changed a few years ago... but it's gotten better. The first Mississippi PTV episodes were just horrid, cheap, and dumbed down to an extreme. They reused stories from the first seasons with new wraparounds, they had the same bad segment close each half of the show (they showed the same thing twice, that is... the "It's a Pig's World" bit). Things have been getting better... they started to make new segments and reuse those, and they reintroduced Click. And they had new, better segments (better than reruns of stuff that was already overused in the original version)... Pig's World was taken off the show (though in recent episodes, not completely) for NEW Cliff Hanger and Chicken Jane segments.

But yeah, it's still a far cry from the good older episodes. And introducing segments defeats the purpose of the sketch comedy style format akll three shows enjoy.

But back to TEC... what the heck is up with the useless Behind the Scenes stuff? it goes on too long, it's not educational, it truncates the show... better stuff could and SHOULD be in that slot.