Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

askurow

Reaction score
Okay, here's my wishlist to you Disney executives out there reading this:

First and foremost, we need the Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 as soon as possible. It's an absolute MUST! We've been waiting and waiting. Yes, we know DVD sales are rapidly declining, but don't wait, we promise to buy them!

Second, the Muppet Movie needs to be truly remastered. Everyone has discussed the extended scenes, etc. and I'm in absolute agreement. But someone needs to find the negatives or at least a much better print. If Disney can make Snow White from 1939 look like it was made yesterday, they can do the same with TMM. All DVD versions of this film look horrible, and a hundred years old. Even the audio needs an improvement. Seriously, the way it exists now is embarrassing.

Third, how bout a documentary, book, or tribute to Frank Oz? Frank gave so much to the Muppets, and as much as I love and worship Jim Henson, Frank was #2 and has been horribly overlooked. When I had the good fortune to meet Frank, I asked him if he'd write a book, but he said he wasn't interested. If he's not going to do it, someone needs to do it, or at least do a detailed interview with him while he's still with us. Piggy, Fozzy, Yoda, Grover, Cookie and Bert would agree.

Fourth, while we're on documentaries, let's do the definitive Muppet Documentary. And when it comes out, do releases on The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, and the Muppets Anniversary Special.

Fifth: Digital Downloads! Sesame Workshop recently issued all of the Sesame Street albums digitally on iTunes and Amazon. Now, it's time to do the same with the Muppet albums!

Sixth: Could Disney and the Henson family and issue the COMPLETE version of Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas? It's time!

Seventh If you're screening the rushes of the upcoming film, and if it lacks funny, please add more. The mistakes I find with the "newer" Muppet pieces compared to the older Muppet pieces, is that they lack zany and funny. The Muppets were out of control crazy, and that's what we love about them. If you tame the Muppets, it doesn't work. Bring in a few Muppet Fans for a top secret screening, and we'll let you know.

Thank you!

Bugglebee

Reaction score
Create a line of Muppets Baby Nursery Items

Crib / Toddler Bedding
Lamps
Mobiles
Switch Plate Covers
Wallpaper - Wall Decorations
Diaper Bags
Toys

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For Sesame Street's 40th anniversary, there was a book called "Sesame Street Treasures", which included many Sesame Street books published throughout the show's 40-year history. Wouldn't it be cool if Disney released a similar book for the Muppets, reprinting various Muppet storybooks released throughout the years? Of course I don't know if Disney has the rights to get those books republished, but if rights aren't an issue, it'd be great to see such a book.

I don't know if they could/should include The Muppet Comic Show (or whatever that book was called), especially if there isn't an english-language version (and I don't know whether there is). Ditto with Muppets at Sea. But it would be cool to have those in a collection. It'd also be cool if they could include It's the Muppet Show (without the vinyl included). I don't think The Muppet Show Book should be included in such a release (it's a lot bigger than most Muppet books).

But some books I think would be good for inclusion would be The Phantom of the Muppet Theater, Two for the Show, The Case of the Missing Mother, Muppet Manners, Gonzo and the Giant Chicken, Kermit: Save the Swamp, and Fozzie's Book of Side-Splitting Jokes.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I don't think The Muppet Show Book should be included in such a release (it's a lot bigger than most Muppet books).
I think it's well about time The Muppet Show Book actually got re-published! Just in time for the movie of course. It'd be a great way to re-introduce the show to people willing to buy it. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Could the promotions be starting now? I recently heard of some good quality Muppet plush called "Disney Dreams" (though I don't know when they started making those), and series 2 of the Muppets "Vinylmation" sold at Disney theme park gift shops has been announced (not sure when they'll be released). If the vinylmation gets a series 3 around the time the new movie comes out I think they should include Walter in that assortment (though that would also be a good time to make vinylmation toys based on The Muppet Christmas Carol).