Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmmm

No comments on "Fairy Tale Science Theater?" I realize that wasn't the greatest episode. But it had it's moments. It's always nice to see Telly as the "Monster on the Spot," though he wasn't in costume this time. Plus you can't go wrong with the Big Bad Wolf. Still not a lot of new material, except for that song by Ernie. I'm guessing that was new to this season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The plot was fun, and it is always a treat to see a big bad wolf in ANYTHING, actually... you can never go wrong with Big Bad Wolf. And there's nothing better than a gentle groan inducing pun like "Baby Bear, your CUB reporter." I actually look forward to the Telly/Baby Bear episodes the most. But the Cinderella part was a bit left field, I have to say.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't know how to feel about these new episodes made out of reruns and how they have all these new skits mixed in. The "new" Elmo steps in for Super Grover episode, we have an ACTUALLY new Two headed Monster skit about the number 10.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well the season is ending. Hopefully the sooner it ends the sooner sesamestreet.org will go back to adding "new" classic clips (seriously, we haven't had any classic clips added to the site in about 4-5 months!). I hope that next season the website downplays the frequency of new clips. A few season 42 clips before the season begins is alright, but I don't want to see loads of season 42 clips before next season begins, and don't want to see so many newer clips added the weeks of broadcasts. Sesamestreet.org should space them out, while also adding plenty of classic clips.

Anyway, I really like that new Ernie segment. Considering both new appearances of the puppet were singing, I wonder if Steve Whitmire just recorded the voice or if he operated the puppet as well. Interesting how it included visual effects to actully show the buildings outside the apartment through Ernie's window. Also, it's not often we see Ernie in his pajamas in the living room (at first I thought it was the bedroom, and wondered why I didn't see Ernie's bed).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Today's episode was really funny. Plus, a new Grover and Mr. Johnson bit!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, that's something to look forward to. Unfortunately, the new eps where I live air at 1pm and I should be on the road to Ohio, by that point. I'll have to look for that next time they air that episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode was really funny. Plus, a new Grover and Mr. Johnson bit!

Michael McKean made the episode so much funnier than it could have been, but even aside from that, the performance by Chris (when he was Chris the Rock, anyone else think he was doing his impersonation of a similar named comedian?) and Alan really sold this one. It didn't feel like the "keep guessing" plotline that absolutely polluted the season. It had too much humor and wackiness behind it. Sure, Joey doing a million accents for different birds or something added a tiny bit of humor to those dry plots, but everyone was in top form here. Seems like Zoe should have been in it a little longer, and Abby should have came by halfway through... Seriously, though? McKean's Virgil character was Muppet Show worthy comedy. Something you WANT to see on Sesame Street.

I'm so glad that they didn't wind up shoving the new V segment with Grover and Mr. Johnson onto a reused footage episode. There's nothing more I can say about that one that you wouldn't expect. Absolutely wonderful.

And a GREAT new Ernie and Bert Great Adventures cartoon. I think these are really underused. And did anyone else think that in certain shots, the Ernie clay puppet looked closer to his Muppet counterpart than usual? Something about either the head or mouth shape or the eye placement...

Even the usually boring kid film segment was pretty good too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... Got a question for those of you who are still watching Season 41 episodes.

In one of the Super Grover 2.0 sketches titled "Sandlot Days"—the one where he helps a cactus find out what ball would be perfect for it to play with—it says on Muppet Wiki that this took place in Monument Valley, Utah.
How is such a fact known? Was either "Monument Valley" or the state of Utah mentioned by name?
If so, if anyone could get me a MUP3 file of the sketch or at least the audio context where the state got mentioned I'd appreciate it.

Thanks and we now return you to your regularly scheduled reviews. :smile: :sing:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And a GREAT new Ernie and Bert Great Adventures cartoon. I think these are really underused. And did anyone else think that in certain shots, the Ernie clay puppet looked closer to his Muppet counterpart than usual? Something about either the head or mouth shape or the eye placement...

Even the usually boring kid film segment was pretty good too.
I noticed that too.

Hi guys... Got a question for those of you who are still watching Season 41 episodes.

In one of the Super Grover 2.0 sketches titled "Sandlot Days"—the one where he helps a cactus find out what ball would be perfect for it to play with—it says on Muppet Wiki that this took place in Monument Valley, Utah.
How is such a fact known? Was either "Monument Valley" or the state of Utah mentioned by name?
If so, if anyone could get me a MUP3 file of the sketch or at least the audio context where the state got mentioned I'd appreciate it.

Thanks and we now return you to your regularly scheduled reviews. :smile: :sing:
I think it was the design of the desert, with all of the sandstone buttes.