Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

The Professor

Reaction score
I hadn't kept up too much with the Muppets until recently, so I was guilty of two things:

1. The Brian Henson as Kermit myth

2. The Veggie Monster myth

Thanks for clearing these up for me! The Brian Henson one was big. I remember hearing that when The Muppets' Christmas Carol came out. I was afraid as a child that Kermit would die with Jim Henson, so I think my mom told me that to comfort me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, we already said this about Ernie, but just now while I was watching Sesame Street, Aunt Michelle said, "Is Snuffleupagus still on the show? Didn't he die?"
Naw... Snuffy was on the 40th season opener. Just not in many or any subsequent episodes this year.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Just thought of two more:

Eren Ozker's name being misspelled as Erin Oscar or some variant. Not very often considering not many people know who this is.

Search "Electric Mayhem" on Youtube. Pick a video such as "With a Little Help from My Friends" or "Rockin' Robin". Scroll down to the comment section. Yep, there sure are a lot of comments like "OMG she looks just like [celebrity]!" or "It's [celebrity] as a Muppet]!" about Janice, aren't there?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Search "Electric Mayhem" on Youtube. Pick a video such as "With a Little Help from My Friends" or "Rockin' Robin". Scroll down to the comment section. Yep, there sure are a lot of comments like "OMG she looks just like [celebrity]!" or "It's [celebrity] as a Muppet]!" about Janice, aren't there?
Yeah when I google images for Janice (I google her more than a normal person should, :flirt:) most of the pictures are her being compare to said celebrity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hadn't kept up too much with the Muppets until recently, so I was guilty of two things:

1. The Brian Henson as Kermit myth

2. The Veggie Monster myth
And apparently, there's a new myth that they're movie Oscar the Grouch of of Sesame Street... BUNK, I say! Heck, there's all this new Oscar merchandise. A sure fire sign that's bunk.

Just felt like getting that off my chest.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
I know a few of these have been said, but my main peeves are:

1. Spelling Beaker's name Beeker.
2. When people call Rowlf "Ralph"
3. I can't STAND the whole Veggie Monster deal. Let it die already!
4. This one hasn't been said I don't think, but I noticed people tend to call Janice Lips.That one really annoys me for some reason.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
(I google her more than a normal person should, :flirt:)
LOL, don't we all? At least, I do. :flirt:

And if you happened to be watching my avatar during the few minutes I spent last night trying to change it, you probably figured out that I have more pictures of her saved on my computer than "normal" people. :concern:

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
Most of these have already been said, but my biggest Muppet pet peeves are:

- Beeker, Fozzy, Ralph, etc.

- Veggie Monster. Every time somebody tries to tell me that Cookie Monster is now the Veggie Monster, I have to cut them off mid-sentence and say, "IT'S AN URBAN LEGEND."

- Ernie and Bert are gay. I admit that I laughed at the Family Guy parody, but you know the joke isn't funny anymore when people *coughunculturedteenagerscough* begin to take it seriously.

- Speaking of uncultured teenagers, I've met a few girls who claim to "loooooooove" Kermit ("he's sooooo cute!"), yet they have no idea who Jim Henson is.

- I once wore my Animal shirt to school and somebody thought it was Elmo. Um, no. Polar opposite of Elmo, bud.

- The whole "Muppets are for kids" thing. 'Nuff said.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
- Speaking of uncultured teenagers, I've met a few girls who claim to "loooooooove" Kermit ("he's sooooo cute!"), yet they have no idea who Jim Henson is.
Once in social studies class, the teacher was telling me that she took a picture of Kermit at the Smithsonian that she wanted me to see, and some girls (teenagers of course :rolleyes:) started asking me if I "looooooove" Kermit, and then they had no idea who Jim Henson was when I said that I found him rather attractive. :stick_out_tongue:

- I once wore my Animal shirt to school and somebody thought it was Elmo. Um, no. Polar opposite of Elmo, bud.
I might have mentioned it on here already, but I found a shirt on Ebay, and the seller mixed up Oscar and Animal, but I can't remember which one was on the shirt, and which one the seller said it was.

And also, very cool that you wore an Animal shirt to school. :halo: We have uniforms at our school, but I wore a holiday shirt with Animal once on a free dress day near the Christmas break, and some of my friends, both the boys and girls, said that they wanted a shirt like it.