Best TMS opening number

Son of Enik

Reaction score
[*]Victor Borge: Macho Man

[*]Roger Moore: In the Navy (Viking Pigs!)
[/list]

-Kim[/QUOTE]

Anytime the pigs sang Village People, I was happy!
I also loved Leo Sayer's "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing", as well as "I Go to Rio" form the Diana Ross episode.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I also loved Leo Sayer's "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing"
I do, too, but don't you kind of wish they had used that as the CLOSING number instead? IMO, would've made more sense to start with "When I Need You", since they did it up comedic and it shows a nice 'entrance' for the guest star, and end with the most energetic number in the show. Just my two cents.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I do, too, but don't you kind of wish they had used that as the CLOSING number instead? IMO, would've made more sense to start with "When I Need You", since they did it up comedic and it shows a nice 'entrance' for the guest star, and end with the most energetic number in the show. Just my two cents.

I definitely see your point, but I truthfully never thought of it until you pointed it out. Now that I think of it though...I agree with you.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Here are my favorites:
Bob Hope-"Pig Calypso"
George Burns-"Cuanto la Gusta"
Diana Ross-"I Go To Rio"
Jean Stapleton-"Tico Tico"
Cleo Laine-"Limbo"
James Coco-"Octopus's Garden"
Mark Hamil-"Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong"
Roger Moore-"In The Navy"
John Denver-"Why Can't We Be Friends"
Julie Andrews-"Lonely Goatherd"
Sylvester Stallone-"Hawaiian War Chant"
Chris Langham-"Friendship"
Joan Baez-"Man Smart, Critter Smarter"
Mummenshanz-"Mr. Bassman"
Christopher Reeve-"Disco Frog"
Madeline Kahn-"Happy Feet"
Juliet Prowse-"Manha Manha"

Quesal

Reaction score
I love The Electric Mayhems opening numbers like Love ya to Death, Polonaise in A Flat, Sunny and all those

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I loved "Another Opening, Another Show," with the performers constantly having curtains fall on them!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I definitely see your point, but I truthfully never thought of it until you pointed it out. Now that I think of it though...I agree with you.
Truthfully, I never thought of it any other way until I saw the episode, because the first time I saw both numbers was in the compilation "Rock Music with the Muppets", where they're in that order. Assumed it was that way on the show, too. Maybe they did it that way on the compilation because they realized after the fact that it should've been that way in the original episode.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
There's one opening number I forgot to include in my list:

-Ben Vereen: "Jump, Shout, Boogie"

mupcollector1

Reaction score
One of my favorite opening numbers was "Why can't we be friends" and it had a bunch of whatnots and Crazy Harry at war, tons of explosions lol Muppet Tradition, then they all kick dance at the end and Waldorf and Statler shoot them with a machine gun. And the Bearded character has a surrender flag and his arm falls off of the flag's stick and it's still waving. lol (nice blooper) "We didn't miss them, we were shooting blanks" then the gun goes out of control for a second and the ceiling falls apart "Well some of them were blanks" lol

Beauregard

Reaction score
What ever, my favorite is Rama Lama Ding-Dong. (On a side note does anyone know where I can get a .wav of this, or a .mp3)
Oh my goodness, this *is* an old thread if I'm here asking for .wav files! (That said, my first thought on seeing this thread was that "Rama Lama Ding-Dong was the best opening sketch, so...some things stay the same.)

I also loooove ("Get thee to a barnyard...") Barnyard Boogie!