Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I have nothing against Artie. But, honestly, it wasn't Kermit.
I have nothing against him either. But the Ave Q guy who plays Nicky on YT (except for that We Will Rock Q vid) does a much better "Jim's" Kermit.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'll say again what I said earlier when this whole thing came up: To me when I think of Kermit the Frog I always think of Jim's Kermit. It took me a LONG time to warm up to Steve's Kermit and I think he does a great job. I didn't even go see Muppet Christmas Carol in the movie theater in it's original release because I wasn't ready for the "new" Kermit yet. But Steve does a wonderful job it's just not Jim. Artie isn't Jim though I think his voice is alot closer to Jim's than Steve's.

However, with that said, I think time, Artie could make a great Kermit but I wouldn't want to see that happen unless Steve is ready to retire or god forbid something physically happens to him. But I'd rather see a decent, passable Kermit which I think Artie's has potential for, than no Kermit at all. That was my biggest concern after Jim passed on: what was going to become of his characters? They've gone on this long and I think they will continue if the right people are taking over with consideration for what makes them tick as characters and not just does a good impression of the voice. That's why I think Eric Jacboson is BRILLIANT as Frank's characters particularly Grover because he's got the personality, movements, etc. that makes up what Grover is as well as a good voice. And I'm glad to have lots of new Grover stuff in recent years even though to me nobody will ever take the place of Frank.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I honestly can't believe people are talking about this... How about commenting on the new Muppet LOST video instead, guys? No? Go figure... :smirk:

But I listened to all of Artie's voices, and, like Super Scooter, I just don't hear it. In fact, the only one that I do hear is Beauregard. His Kermit and Ernie sill sound like a passable impression to me, and I'm sure with training he could get it down, but I don't want to see it happen anytime soon at all. I wish we could just put this all in the past (like Steve Whitmire himself asked us to do) and leave it be.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This is all water under the bridge for the Muppets, but I will again state that it was a noble freshman (in-public) effort Artie put in as the head frog. That sort of thing takes a lot of practice. Artie's tonality of voice is closer to Jim's Kermit than Steve's, but Steve has the better over-all performance. It only makes sense because Steve's been Kermit for nearly 20 years. If he ever retired (frog forbid) I'd cast a vote for Artie. Still, there's more to a Muppet than the voice. It'll take more practice just as it took Steve some time to grow into Kermit.

Still, it's good that Steve is back. He is Kermit now and I hope he's Kermit for another 20 years. :smile:
I agree completely.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just listened to the demo on his website. I don't hear it. I don't understand why people think it sounds closer to Jim than Steve. To me it sounds like... well, my own Kermit impression, and that is not a good thing.

You can accuse my of being biased on this, I don't believe I am. I hate being on the opposite end of this. Usually I'm defending a performer. Still, it doesn't sound like Kermit to me. As Reevz said, a good impression at best.
But I listened to all of Artie's voices, and, like Super Scooter, I just don't hear it. In fact, the only one that I do hear is Beauregard. His Kermit and Ernie sill sound like a passable impression to me, and I'm sure with training he could get it down, but I don't want to see it happen anytime soon at all. I wish we could just put this all in the past (like Steve Whitmire himself asked us to do) and leave it be.
I agree. I just thought Artie's impressions on the website were better than him actually preforming him.

Aaron

Reaction score
This thread needs to be closed,this topic is over and done with.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This thread needs to be closed,this topic is over and done with.
Agreed... and I've said that more than twice. As the person who started this thread, I would really, really appreciate it if it was closed. :rolleyes: This point is moot and dead and now people are just beating a dead horse. Which, quite frankly... is rude! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.